1. Installing the application.
To install this application, you have to go to the “Your content” section and click on “Create content”.
Select the “Promotions and Competitions” option and select Cool Promo Lite.
2. Creation form.
Let’s start creating our first promotion with the simplest app on the Cool Promo series.
1. Basic information.
- Name: It will be a name that will not be seen by end users and will only be used in your administration section so that you can easily identify the promotion (Example:Christmas promotion for the shop).
- Tab name that will have in Facebook: It will be used as the tab name displayed on your Facebook You can change it at any time, both from this section and from the Administration section of your Facebook page.
- Name of the promotion on Facebook: The name shown to users that visit your promotion.
- Promotion description: You can include some text that outlines your promotion. It should be explanatory enough for users to understand how the campaign works. Thanks to our editor, you can give styles (font colours, size, etc.) to your text (it is not mandatory, because we already give styles to the text that you include to make them look good). In addition to text, you can add images or, if you have the knowledge, HTML too.
- Google Analytics code: It’s only available for Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label.
2. Promotion design.
- Main image for the promotion: The image that you use to present the campaign that will be visible to all users. With Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label you will be able to custom your promo much more.
3. Dates and configuration of entries.
In this section, you can configure the dates and other details regarding entries:
- Time zone: You need to select the time zone in which you want the competition to be conducted. It is important to take care when setting your time zone because all of the dates that you are to specify below will be set in that time zone. If you make a mistake, you can modify it at any time.
- Promotion start date: The date from which your promotion will be visible on your fan page. If you have already installed the Cool Promo Lite application on your page (i.e., a new tab already appears in the Applications section), but your promotion has not yet started, we will show a generic message that says ‘No active promotions‘ (unless you’ve chosen other text or images to use before the start of the promotion).
- Promotion end date: The date from which your promotion will no longer be visible on your fan page. After this date, we show a generic message like the previous one, indicating that there are ‘No active promotions‘. It is important to be careful when setting this date because once the promotion has ended, you may not modify it.
- Suggest your participants to like your Facebook page: It is no longer possible to make it obligatory that participants become fans of your Facebook page to be able to participate, but if that is what you want, you can recommend your fan page to them. This option is usually very effective, because users participating in your promotion generally want to keep up to date with the company’s latest news, or at least to anything related to the promotion or competition.
- Facebook page to suggest: Your can recommend your Facebook pages here.
- Show the current number of participations: Enabling this option means that the total number of entries will be shown to all users in the “Details” section of the main page of the promotion.
- Enable public participation: All users can see who has participated. For competitions in which users need to vote on entries, this option must be enabled. If this option is enabled, there will be a link to access the list of all entries so far on the promotion’s main page. For each entry, the avatar and name of the user who has participated will be shown, as well as the text/image corresponding to their entry.
- Enable voting for entries: Activate the voting system for the entries in your competition. Users can view the entries and vote just once per entry. Do not forget to enable public participation in the previous option.
- How many users do you want to participate in your promotion? (Leave blank for unlimited): You can set a maximum number of entries for your promotion or competition. Once the limit is reached, users will not be able to participate (the ‘Enter’ button will not be shown). Normally this option is used to give something away to the first users that take part (samples, concert tickets, etc.). Leave this field blank if you do not want to set any limits.
4. Entry form configuration.
- The user must input their telephone number to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their telephone number. If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
- The user must input their gender to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their gender (Male/Female). If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
- The user must input their country to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their country. If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
- A question must be answered to take part: Enable a question in the entry form that users need to answer if they want to take part in your competition.
- Text, question or comments to complete: If you want users to participate by answering a question or providing a text, you need to indicate here what it is that they need to provide (Example: “What were your best ever holidays?”).
- An image must be uploaded to take part: Enable images in entries so that users can take part by uploading a picture.
- Title for the image: It is the text that users will see in the form to prompt them to upload the image (Example: “Upload your best birthday photo”).
- Is it mandatory to upload the image to take part? If you enable this option, it is mandatory to upload an image to take part in the competition.
5. Additional details.
- Enable Terms and Conditions: Enabling this option will include a link to the terms and conditions for your promotion.
- Terms and Conditions text: It is the text for the competition’s terms and conditions. With our editor, you can style and format your terms and conditions. They are displayed in a pop-up when a user clicks on the ‘terms and conditions’ link. Here is a template that you can use to populate with data from your competition (ES).
Now, we click on ‘Save’ and we have already finished setting up our promotion.
3. Promotion preview.
Before publishing your tab, you can see what the final look of the screens that make up your promotion will be. Access it by clicking on the ‘Preview’ icon in the Cool Tabs panel or when we finish setting up the promotion by clicking on ‘Save and preview‘.
In the preview, we can see what our promotion will look like on the Facebook page. It is possible to navigate to see how it will appear on different dates (before the start of the promotion, opening date for entries, etc.) and we can see the final setup of our entry form. Also, on the side panel, we can also participate in the promo as administrators or return to the editing page.
4. Publishing the promotion on Facebook.
At this point, you will have set up your campaign, seen how it looks so that you can make the necessary adjustments. Now all you have to do is publish it. so you have to click on the ‘Publish’ icon of the promo or content that you want to launch and that you have previously setup.
Select the Facebook page where you want to publish your promotion or competition.
Choose how you want to publish your promo. You have two options: Standard or custom mode. In this example, we’ll choose the standard mode, because the other option is for publishing a Facebook promo or tab with White Label.
Once you have clicked “Publish” (may take several seconds to take out the action because we are communicating with Facebook to post your app), your Cool Promo Lite be perfectly installed in the selected page. It’s that simple.
Once payment is made, our promotion is active. Now users can already see the promotion in your Facebookpage (provided that the promotion start date is before or equal to the current date).