Are you going to set up your first Cool Tabs campaign? In this tutorial, we will explain how to configure the basic sections of your campaign, as well as other settings that we recommend you enable, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
The Cool Promo Lite app, included in the Stone plan, is the most basic Cool Tabs application for creating interactive content campaigns. With Cool Promo Lite, you can set up:
- Sweepstakes with registration form
- Photo contest in which participants have to upload a photo
- Campaign in which participants have to answer a single question
2. Step by step.
2.1. Login to Cool Tabs.
Login to your Cool Tabs account.
If you have not registered yet, create your account.
2.2. Create the campaign.
1) Once inside the control panel, create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button.
If this is the first time you are using the platform, you will directly see the application catalog.
2) Select the Cool Promo Lite application.
2.3. Configure the basic settings.
2.3.1. Basic data.
- Name: It will be a name that will not be seen by end users and will only be used in your administration section so that you can easily identify the campaign (Example: 2022 Christmas campaign).
- Campaign description: You can include some text that outlines your campaign. It should be explanatory enough for users to understand how the campaign works. Thanks to our editor, you can give styles (font colors, size, etc.) to your text (it is not mandatory, because we already give styles to the text that you include to make them look good). In addition to text, you can add images or, if you have the knowledge, HTML too.
2.3.2. Campaign design.
This section is where the main image of the campaign is configured. Cool Promo Lite allows you to include a main image. This image will be visible to all users.
The optimal image size is 810 px wide by unlimited height.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, allow for more customization.
You can upload your own image or search for one in one of the image banks with which we have integration
2.3.3. Dates and configuration of entries.
In this section, you can configure the dates and other details regarding entries:
- Time zone: You need to select the time zone in which you want the competition to be conducted. It is important to take care when setting your time zone because all the dates that you are to specify below will be set in that time zone. If you make a mistake, you can modify it at any time.
- Campaign start date: The date from which your campaign will be visible. If you publish the campaign before this date, we will display a generic "No active campaign".
- Campaign end date: The date from which your campaign will no longer be visible. After this date, we show a generic message like the previous one, indicating that there is "No active campaign".
- Suggest your participants like your Facebook page: It is no longer possible to make it obligatory that participants to become fans of your Facebook page to be able to participate, but you can recommend your fan page to them.
- Facebook page to suggest: You can recommend your Facebook pages here.
- Show the current number of participations: Enabling this option means that the total number of entries will be shown to all users in the “Details” section of the main page of the campaign.
- Enable public participation: All users can see who has participated. For competitions in which users need to vote on entries, this option must be enabled. If this option is enabled, there will be a link to access the list of all entries so far on the campaign’s main page. For each entry, the avatar and name of the user who has participated will be shown, as well as the text/image corresponding to their entry.
- Enable voting for entries: Activate the voting system for the entries in your competition. Users can view the entries and vote just once per entry. Do not forget to enable public participation in the previous option.
- How many users do you want to participate in your campaign? (Leave blank for unlimited): You can set a maximum number of entries for your campaign or competition. Once the limit is reached, users will not be able to participate (the ‘Enter’ button will not be shown). Normally this option is used to give something away to the first users that take part (samples, concert tickets, etc.). Leave this field blank if you do not want to set any limits.
2.3.4. Entry form configuration.
The Cool Promo Lite application allows you to set up:
A) Question/Answer competition.
- A question must be answered to take part: Enable a question in the entry form that users need to answer if they want to take part in your competition.
- Text, question, or comments to complete: If you want users to participate by answering a question or providing a text, you need to indicate here what it is that they need to provide (Example: “What were your best ever holidays?”).
B) Photos competition.
- An image must be uploaded to take part: Enable images in entries so that users can take part by uploading a picture.
- Title for the image: It is the text that users will see in the form to prompt them to upload the image (Example: “Upload your best birthday photo”).
- Is it mandatory to upload the image to take part? If you enable this option, it is mandatory to upload an image to take part in the competition.
By default, in the participation form of a campaign created with Cool Promo Lite, participants will be asked for the following information:
- First name
- Last name
You can also enable other fields:
- The user must input their telephone number to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their telephone number. If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
- The user must input their gender to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their gender (Male/Female). If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
- The user must input their country to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their country. If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
C) Sweepstakes with a registration form.
As we have just mentioned, the Cool Promo Lite application has configured, by default, a data form, in which the user is asked to fill in the fields: name, surname, and email. So, if you simply want to set up sweepstakes in which participants must register by filling out an entry form, make sure that the boxes referring to the question/answer contest and photo contest are disabled. In this way, when the user participates, he will only see the registration form with these fields to be filled in.
2.3.5. Additional details.
- Enable Terms and Conditions: Enabling this option will include a link to the terms and conditions for your campaign.
- Terms and Conditions text: It is the text for the competition’s terms and conditions. With our editor, you can style and format your terms and conditions. They are displayed in a pop-up when a user clicks on the Terms and Conditions link.
Finally, click on the ‘Save’ button.
2.4. How to preview the campaign.
Once you have configured the campaign and before publishing it, you can see what each of its screens looks like from 'Preview' section.
To see how to preview your campaign, check the tutorial: How to preview your campaign before publishing it.
2.5. How to publish the campaign.
When you create a campaign in Cool Tabs, a URL of the microsite where it is hosted is generated. To access this URL, see the tutorial on How to access the URL of the campaign to publish it.
We show you where to find the URL of the campaign, so you can publish it in your social networks, blog, newsletter...
3. Other specifications.
Please note that the Stone plan, which includes the use of the Cool Promo Lite application, only allows you to have one campaign active at a time.
You can also create a campaign or contest with Cool Promo Lite during the 7-day free trial period, which allows you to test any of the platform's plans.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at the support email at email@example.com.
4. Related content.Create now your Cool Promo Lite.