- Sweepstakes with registration form
- Photo contest in which participants have to upload a photo
- Campaign on which participants have to answer a single question
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
1) Log in to your Cool Tabs account. If you are not registered yet, please take a look at the tutorial: How to create a Cool Tabs account.
2) Create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button.
If this is the first time you are using the platform, you will not see the 'Create campaign' button. You will directly see the app catalogue.
3) Select the Cool Promo Lite application.
2.1.1. Basic data.
- Name: It will be a name that will not be seen by end users and will only be used in your administration section so that you can easily identify the campaign (Example: 2022 Christmas campaign).
- Campaign description: You can include some text that outlines your campaign. It should be explanatory enough for users to understand how the campaign works. Thanks to our editor, you can give styles (font colours, size, etc.) to your text (it is not mandatory, because we already give styles to the text that you include to make them look good). In addition to text, you can add images or, if you have the knowledge, HTML too.
- Google Analytics code: It’s only available for Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label.
2.1.2. Campaign design.
This section is where the main image of the campaign is configured. Cool Promo Lite allows you to include a main image. This image will be visible to all users.
The optimal image size is 810 px wide by unlimited height.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, allow for more customization.
You can upload your own image or search for one in one of the image banks with which we have integration
2.1.3. Dates and configuration of entries.
In this section, you can configure the dates and other details regarding entries:
- Time zone: You need to select the time zone in which you want the competition to be conducted. It is important to take care when setting your time zone because all the dates that you are to specify below will be set in that time zone. If you make a mistake, you can modify it at any time.
- Campaign start date: The date from which your campaign will be visible. If you publish the campaign before this date, we will display a generic "No active campaign".
- Campaign end date: The date from which your campaign will no longer be visible. After this date, we show a generic message like the previous one, indicating that there is "No active campaign".
- Suggest your participants like your Facebook page: It is no longer possible to make it obligatory that participants become fans of your Facebook page to be able to participate, but you can recommend your fan page to them.
- Facebook page to suggest: You can recommend your Facebook pages here.
- Show the current number of participations: Enabling this option means that the total number of entries will be shown to all users in the “Details” section of the main page of the campaign.
- Enable public participation: All users can see who has participated. For competitions in which users need to vote on entries, this option must be enabled. If this option is enabled, there will be a link to access the list of all entries so far on the campaign’s main page. For each entry, the avatar and name of the user who has participated will be shown, as well as the text/image corresponding to their entry.
- Enable voting for entries: Activate the voting system for the entries in your competition. Users can view the entries and vote just once per entry. Do not forget to enable public participation in the previous option.
- How many users do you want to participate in your campaign? (Leave blank for unlimited): You can set a maximum number of entries for your campaign or competition. Once the limit is reached, users will not be able to participate (the ‘Enter’ button will not be shown). Normally this option is used to give something away to the first users that take part (samples, concert tickets, etc.). Leave this field blank if you do not want to set any limits.
2.1.4. Entry form configuration.
- A question must be answered to take part: Enable a question in the entry form that users need to answer if they want to take part in your competition.
- Text, question or comments to complete: If you want users to participate by answering a question or providing a text, you need to indicate here what it is that they need to provide (Example: “What were your best ever holidays?”).
- An image must be uploaded to take part: Enable images in entries so that users can take part by uploading a picture.
- Title for the image: It is the text that users will see in the form to prompt them to upload the image (Example: “Upload your best birthday photo”).
- Is it mandatory to upload the image to take part? If you enable this option, it is mandatory to upload an image to take part in the competition.
By default, in the participation form of a campaign created with Cool Promo Lite, participants will be asked for the following information:
- First name
- Last name
You can also enable other fields:
- The user must input their telephone number to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their telephone number. If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
- The user must input their gender to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their gender (Male/Female). If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
- The user must input their country to participate: Enable this field if you want the form to include a field for users to enter their country. If it is activated, it is mandatory to complete the field to participate.
2.1.5. Additional details.
- Enable Terms and Conditions: Enabling this option will include a link to the terms and conditions for your campaign.
- Terms and Conditions text: It is the text for the competition’s terms and conditions. With our editor, you can style and format your terms and conditions. They are displayed in a pop-up when a user clicks on the ‘terms and conditions' link.
Finally, click on the ‘Save’ button.
2.2. How to preview the campaign.
Before publishing your tab, you can see what the final look of the screens that make up your campaign will be. Access it by clicking on the ‘Preview’ icon in the Cool Tabs panel or when we finish setting up the campaign by clicking on ‘Save and preview‘.
From the preview, you can see what the different screens of the campaign will look like.
In addition, from the left sidebar, you can make adjustments and changes to the design. You can also participate as an administrator, see how it will be viewed from different devices (computer, tablet and mobile) or return to the editing page.
2.3. How to publish the campaign.
When you create a campaign in Cool Tabs, a URL of the microsite where it is hosted is generated. To access this URL, go to the main page of your campaigns. Click on the configuration icon and then on 'Publish'.
There you will find the URL of the campaign so that you can publish it on your social networks, blog, newsletter... If you wish, you can edit it to customize it.
3. Other specifications.
Please note that the Stone plan, which includes the use of the Cool Promo Lite application, only allows you to have one campaign active at a time.
You can also create a campaign or contest with Cool Promo Lite during the 7-day free trial period, which allows you to test any of the platform's plans.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at the support email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Related content.
Create now your Cool Promo Lite >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.