In this tutorial, we are going to explain to you what the tracking codes are for, how to set them up and where to configure them. There are five types of tracking codes:
- Google Tag Manager ID (GTM-): it is a tag manager of page views in Analytics. It also serves to follow the conversions that occur in AdWords. Its use is not mandatory. Nowadays, few people use this add-on.
- Google Analytics code (UA-XXXX): this is the identifier provided by Google Analytics. If you don't have access to Google Tag Manager, just provide us with your UA.
- Campaign identifier for your Analytics URLs: this will make your campaign URLs appear as "/promos/your-identifier/" in our analytics, instead of "promos/id-promo/".
Tracking codes or pixels: these are codes that will allow you to know when a user accesses each of your campaign pages.
Conversion Pixel: this code reflects whether or not conversions have been generated (for example, whether or not a user has completed the form). If you add your UA, these codes will be automatically inserted.
To set up the tracking codes, go to the 'Tracking code' section of your campaign edition.
2. Google Analytics snippet configuration.
2.1. Google Analytics using Google Tag Manager (GTM).
You must have an account created at https://tagmanager.google.com/. Once you are logged in, locate your ID on the first screen:
Enter the ID in the corresponding field of your campaign's editor and we will take care of the rest.
2.2. Google Analytics using UA.
If you do not have Google Tag Manager, place the Google Analytics Identifier (UA-) in your campaign. If you have not yet created an Analytics account or want to create a new UA-property, check how to get Google Analytics tracking ID (UA code).
To obtain this identifier, go to Google Analytics and click on the accounts section.
A screen will be opened where all your Analytics accounts will appear, along with the properties, applications and views. The number that appears below each application is the Google Analytics identifier.
Enter the identifier in the corresponding field of your campaign's editor. You have to add the complete identifier (with the UA included).
3. Facebook pixel configuration.
To locate the Facebook Pixel, go to https://business.facebook.com/
If you have not yet created a Pixel, go to 'Events Manager', click 'Connect Data Sources' and select 'Web'. Then select 'Facebook Pixel' and click 'Connect'. Add your 'Pixel Name' and enter your website URL to check for easy setup options.
The pixel identifier appears in the 'Data source' section.
Once you have created it, go to the 'Tracking code' section of your campaign editor, enable the 'Add Facebook Pixel' option and enter the pixel identifier.
By enabling the Facebook Pixel and including the ID in your campaign, you will be able to track the actions of your campaign participant when they complete their data. You will get information about two events:
- "PageView" event on all pages: the default pixel tracks visits to your campaign pages.
- "CompleteRegistration" event when the participant completes the registration form in the campaign.
4. Other systems tracking code configuration (AdRoll, DoubleClick...).
Optionally, you need a conversion code. From Cool Tabs, we will paint this code when a participant completes the form. Paste it in the field 'conversion code'.
5. Campaign identifier for your Analytics URLs.
In the 'Tracking codes' section, you will also find a field to include the 'Analytics identifier for this campaign'. You have to write the name with which you want to identify the tracks of your campaign in Google analytics.
To monitor these data, go to Google Analytics, select the corresponding application, filter by dates and add your identifier in the search engine.
You will see all the tracking codes information that you have included previously.
6. Other specifications.
- All tracking codes (Google, Facebook...) are supported by Cool Tabs. You can fill in all the options.
- Two conversion pixels can be painted at once, as long as they are separated by lines.
- Tracking codes are painted on all Cool Tabs pages.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through our webchat or our support mail: email@example.com