The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, allow you to create a registration form for users to leave their data. They get a coupon or discount code.
This is a very widespread commercial strategy used by big companies or brands. They offer a wide range of discount vouchers to customers buying products or services online to increase customer loyalty.
2. Ideas and examples.
This type of campaign aims to encourage purchases, reward users, build their loyalty and/or commit them to the brand, through the delivery of coupons, which offer some kind of gift or discount with a personalized code. You can:
a) Distribute the same code to all participants.
b) Distribute different codes to each participant. In this way, the organizer will have associated each discount code to a user with name, surname, and other personal data that have been requested in the data form. You can assign different codes to each participant who registers.
c) Distribute different codes to each group of participants. You can configure if you want to assign the codes to a segment of participants according to their participation conditions. You can define each group of participants according to the answers they have provided in the form.
For example, you can distribute codes are:
- In exchange for completing a registration form.
- In exchange for their participation in a certain campaign.
- To promote the sale of a certain product or service.
- For following a profile in a certain social network.
- To send codes through your newsletter to your database.
- To raffle codes among certain users.
You have many options to carry out this type of campaign. These are just some of them.
3. Step by step.
3.1. Create your campaign.
Access Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and select the Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label application.
You must fill in the first sections of your campaign.
- Register: how the user will be able to participate. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account, or anonymously (email).
- Basic data: where you want users to go when they click on the URL of your campaign, languages…
- Design: main image, background image, font, colors…
Start and end dates: dates on which the campaign will be visible.
- Participations: date on which users will be able to participate and the number of times they will be able to do so.
Note that some sections of the campaign edition do not necessarily apply to your campaign (votes, instant wins, viral ranking...).
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also check the following tutorials, in which we explain what you can include in each section in greater detail:
3.2. Configure the 'Coupon' section.
Go to the 'Coupons' section and activate the option 'Enable discount vouchers'.
After activating it, it will be displayed with several options to configure.
Which participants should receive one of these vouchers?
Select which participants you want to distribute codes to. It can be to everyone, to the winners of an Instant Win, to the non-winners of an Instant Win or to those who get a specific final screen, depending on the results of a quiz or the validation of a code, which you have previously given out.
Coupons to assign
- Discount vouchers. In this field, you must enter the list of codes for the discount coupons, either separated by commas or one per line. Each participant will get this code on their coupon. You have a maximum of 2,000 codes to give away for free.
- Repeat discount vouchers. With this option, you will give out the same coupon several times. If you activate this option, once the codes have been distributed, they will be distributed again. So there will be participants with the same code. If you do not activate this option, once they are distributed, they will not be given out anymore.
Coupon design and preview options
- Attach the coupon in the email after participate If you configure the sending of emails to users after participating or after winning an Instant Win, the emails will contain a PDF/JPG attachment with the coupon, which can be downloaded.
- Display the coupon as a QR code or barcode on the final screen.
- Include a QR code or barcode with the downloadable coupon image.
- Display a button to download the coupon on the final screen.
- Download the coupon automatically on the final page.
- The creativity of the coupon image page. You have a text field to configure instructions for the participants on how to use the coupon. You can include image and video. It also allows for variable customization.
- Type of codes you are going to distribute.
3.3. Give the same coupon to all participants.
Remember that if you want to give all participants the same discount coupon, you can skip this section and configure the coupon with the discount code in the default message that will be shown to all users after participating. You can customize this message from the 'Final screen' selection.
3.3.1. Set up the code that the participants will receive.
You can give out the same code, numeric or alphanumeric. Decide what type of code or coupon you want to distribute to all your participants and the message that will be shown to them when they participate in the campaign.
Enter the code and activate code repetition.
3.3.2. Choose to which participants you want to give the codes.
Check the option 'to all participants'.
Keep in mind that, in Instant Win campaigns, it is possible to distribute discount codes in addition to the Instant Win prize distribution. In this way, regardless of the prize (or non-prize) received by a participant on the final screen, all participants will receive a discount code from the file previously uploaded to the platform.
If you want to set up an Instant Win campaign with code/coupon distribution, read the tutorial 'How to create an Instant Win campaign with instant winners'.
3.3.3. Include instructions for participants.
So those users have no doubts about how to use their discount coupon, you have a field, in which you can include text, image or video, to explain how to use it, where and what is the deadline for its use.
3.3.4. Customize the message for users who receive the code.
To include a personalized message with the discount code or coupon, which will be shown to the participants, go to the 'Final Screen' section.
If you only want to include an image on that final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the 'Display an image in the final screen' option and upload your image. If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Display this default final screen to participants'. This will only be displayed to participants who are not shown a personalized screen by points (gamification and points quiz), category (personality quiz) or Instant Win.
You can use this field to upload the image of your discount coupon (common for all users), which the participant can then save or print to make use of it.
Below you can see an example of how the final screen is displayed, with the message and the code, after the user completes the registration form.
3.4. Give different codes to the participants.
3.4.1. Set up the different codes you are going to distribute.
In this case, since you are going to distribute a different code to each of the users participating in your campaign, the first thing you have to decide is which code you are going to give to each one.
3.4.2. Enter your discount vouchers.
In the 'Coupons', you can enter up to 2,000 to give out to participants. The code can be numerical or alphanumeric. You must enter them one by one, separated by commas or one on each line, in the field 'Discount vouchers'.
In addition, if you want to send an email with a PDF with the coupon voucher to each participant, you check the option 'Attach a PDF file with the coupon in the email'.
3.4.3. Activate or not the repetition of codes.
Once you have written down all the codes you want to distribute to the participants, you can choose not to distribute any more coupons or distribute the same codes again.
3.4.4. Decide which participants you want to give the discount vouchers to.
You can select if you want to give out the coupons or codes to all the participants or to the winners or non-winners of an Instant Win campaign, in case you have configured it in the 'Instant Win' section, or to those who get a certain final screen.
If you are interested on link the distribution of codes to an Instant Win campaign, in this tutorial, we explain how to configure it step by step.
3.4.5. Add instructions for participants.
You can also include personalized variables.
3.5. Give the same coupon to different groups of participants according to their answers.
Another option is to distribute one coupon/code or another, depending on the final screen the participant gets from a quiz or questionnaire. In the 'Final Screen' section, enable the option '' and click on 'Individual final screen management'. set up and create the different result screens with the different codes, which you will distribute according to these premises:
- If the participants have marked a certain category of answers
- If the participants have obtained a certain score.
- If the participants already have certain codes in their possession and want to validate them.
Click on 'Manage individual final screens' and then on 'Add new screen'. Configure each screen, setting the category, score or code that the participants will have to obtain or enter (in case of validation and codes), in order to be shown one or another final screen.
- In a point-based quiz or gamification: the minimum and maximum score that the participant must obtain to see that screen. For example, a result screen for those who score from 0 to 4 points, another for 5-8 points, and a final screen for 9-10 points.
- In a quiz with categories: the category that the participant had to mark the most to see that screen. For example, in a personality quiz with four answer choices per question, there will be four categories: A, B, C and D.
- In a campaign with a validation code: the code that the participant had to enter to see that screen.
You should also customize the design that each of these screens will have. You can include text, images or HTML.
Repeat this process with each of the final screens you want to set up.
4. Other specifications.
This type of campaign is available from our Gold plan.
Remember that you can give out a maximum of 2.000 codes for free. If you want to give out more discount vouchers, these are the rates:
Up to 10.000 - 250 euros/month.
Up to 50.000 - 750 euros/month.
Up to 100.000 - 950 euros/month.
Up to 500.000 - 1.850 euros/month.
Up to 1 mill - 2.500 Euro/month.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us through the chat on our website or our support mail email@example.com
5. Related content.