With Cool Tabs, you can generate a campaign with music as the main character. In this tutorial, we explain to you how to create a Spotify or SoundCloud playlist contest.
Users will have to upload the song or playlist with which they participate, embed the song code, and complete a registration form, with the data you request.
In addition, you will be able to configure the registration with Spotify, so participants will have to register with their Spotify account. You will also be able to enable a voting period so that the rest of the users can vote for their favorite.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create the campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Regarding the configuration of the registration mode of the participants in your campaign, you can enable the login with Spotify.
When clicking on the 'PARTICIPATE' button, users will have to register with their account.
2.2. Configure the options to upload a song.
To configure the uploading of songs/playlists by participants:
1) Go to the 'UGC Campaigns' tab in the 'Entry Form' section.
2) In the 'Question/answer competition' section, activate the options 'A question must be answered to take part' and 'It is required that the user answers the question'.
It will be in the answer where participants will have to include the iframe or embed of their Spotify/SoundCloud song or playlist.
So that they know they have to paste the code here, you can add a text giving them the instructions to follow.
Below, you can see an example of how the participation form would look like.
Participants will have to complete the personal information you request and include the embed found in the "Share" options provided by Spotify/SoundCloud.
2.3. Other configurations.
2.3.1. Public entries list.
If you want users to be able to see who has participated, you must make the list of participants public. And bear in mind that if you are going to include voting in the contest, the entries will have to be public. This way, users will be able to see the content and vote for their favorite.
1) Go to the 'Entries list' tab in the 'Participations' section.
2) Check the 'Enable public participation' option.
If you are going to enable a voting period, we recommend you order the participation by the number of votes.
Below, you can see an example of how the list of participants would be displayed.
In this kind of contest, there is usually a period for users to vote for the content uploaded by participants. To enable voting:
1) Go to the 'Votes' section.
2) Activate voting in the entries.
3) Configure the dates on which users can vote.
4) Determine how many times they can vote. By default, a user can vote once for each of the different entries.
- Remember that you need to enable the public participants' page, as we have explained in the participation section of this tutorial.
- If you have only enabled the anonymous login option in the campaign registration, it is automatically enabled so that the user can vote by giving their email address. They can vote with their Google/Gmail, Yahoo, or Microsoft/Hotmail account.
Other options in the voting configuration:
- Show to all users who have voted for each entry in the competition (their avatar and name will be displayed).
- Apply the anti-fraud system to voters: under the previous options, you can restrict voting to certain countries, block voters from possible exchange networks, block fraudulent votes, and those votes that come from the same IP for the time you specify.
2.3.3. Winner selection.
Once the contest participation period is over, you will be able to select the winners.
To start the selection, you can consult the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
4. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, allow you to set up your campaign.
You can also create your contest with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
5. Related content.