With Cool Tabs, you can generate a campaign in which you give out prizes associated with codes that you have previously given out (on a product label, purchase ticket, etc.).
The campaign works as follows. The customers make a purchase and obtain their code. Then, they have to access the landing page of the campaign or promotion you have created in Cool Tabs and enter their data and the code you have given them. The platform will validate that the code is correct and will assign the corresponding prize to each participant.
In this way, users discover, immediately after entering their code, whether they have been awarded a prize and, if so, which prize it is.
2. Ideas and examples.
You can use this topic on different occasions. Here you have some examples in the hope that they will be useful.
- Share random prizes: if you want to share different prizes with specific codes that the others are not aware of. Hence, just, just, only a limited amount of the codes will be awarded.
- Share prices for each purchase: You can give different codes, according to the amount of the purchase, and the customer who buys something. By participating in the campaign, it’s possible to assign a prize according to the amount of the purchase.
- Regard and enhance special customers. If you have a segmented database with VIP customers, you can share with them those codes that let them win more valuable prizes.
- Prizes by location. Imagine, for example, the prize is some movie tickets. But these tickets are from different cities. In these cases, you can share the codes according to the city and assign the prizes depending on that.
3. Step by step.
3.1. Prepare the codes you want to distribute.
Prepare the codes to be distributed to your customers. If you need help, write to us at email@example.com.
3.2. Assign the codes to the different prizes.
Before starting to create your campaign, you must choose and assign to each code the prizes you want to deliver.
For example, suppose you want to distribute movie tickets. You could assign The codes as follows:
- There are three cinema tickets valid for Madrid. You assign them to codes 123123, 234234, 345345.
- There are three cinema tickets valid for Barcelona. You assign them to the codes 456456, 567567, 678678.
- You have distributed another thousand codes, but these have no reward. Furthermore, you wouldn't associate them with any prize.
Let's take another example. Imagine that you want to distribute discount vouchers on Amazon. You could do it like this:
- There is a €100 discount voucher. You assign it to code X123.
- There are three €10 discount vouchers. You assign them to codes XZ123, XZ234, XZ345.
- There are ten €5 discount vouchers. You assign them to codes Y123, Y234, Y345, Y456.
- You have distributed another thousand codes, but these have no reward. Therefore, you wouldn't associate them with any prize.
3.3. Create the campaign.
Then, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.4. Upload the codes.
The next step is to activate the code validation and upload the file with the winning codes to the platform.
To configure them, you can follow the steps in the tutorial: How to create a campaign to validate promotional codes.
3.5. Customize the final screens.
Once the codes are loaded on the platform, go to the 'Final screen' section. Here, you must configure the different final screens that will appear to the user, depending on whether they enter a winning code or not.
3.5.1. Final screen for non-winners.
Check the box '' to configure a default message for participants. This is the message that will be displayed to all participants who enter their code or, in case only some codes are awarded, to participants with non-awarded codes. You can include text, images, or HTML code.
3.5.2. Final screen for winners.
After configuring the message for non-winners, you must configure a personalized message according to the code entered.
To configure personalized messages for each code or for certain reward codes, you must enable the option 'Content-based on gamification, quiz results (point or personality tests) or validated coupon'. If you want to distribute prizes according to the code entered by the participants, check this tutorial.
Add as many pages of different results as coupons with different prizes you are going to distribute.
In the "Conditions" section:
- Enter a name to be able to identify the screen.
- Fill in the "Codes that participants should enter to see this screen". The codes must be separated by commas, spaces, or lines.
In the "Design" section, introduce the design for the message that will be shown to the participants if they have entered that valid code. Once this is done, do not forget to save the changes.
Repeat this process with each of the different pages of the prizes that you want to distribute according to the code entered. You already have it!
4. Other specifications.
5. Related content.