The Twitter Sweepstakes app allows you to carry out sweepstakes among those users who retweet one or more of your publications. You can require any of these actions or all of them.
Keep in mind that:
- Retweet sweepstakes can only be performed on tweets less than 7 days old. Twitter does not provide information on retweets with an earlier date.
- The Twitter Sweepstakes app performs a random selection of all retweets for the sweepstakes.
To avoid losing entries' data, you have to create the sweepstakes in Cool Tabs immediately after publishing it on your Twitter account.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Publish the sweepstakes on Twitter.
Before using the Twitter Sweepstakes app, you must post the sweepstakes on Twitter. Once published, log in to Cool Tabs.
It is important to create the sweepstakes right after the tweet has been published as, due to technical problems with the Twitter API, we will not be able to collect information from older tweets.
2.2. How to create the sweepstakes.1) Log in to your Cool Tabs account. If you are not registered yet, you can check the tutorial: How to create an account on Cool Tabs.
3) Select the Twitter Sweepstake app.
4) Select the Twitter user on which you are going to run the sweepstakes. If you don't already have Twitter users linked to your Cool Tabs account, you will need to log in with Twitter to link one.
5) Complete the information related to the sweepstake.
- Campaign name: write a name to identify your sweepstakes internally (it will not be public). This will be the name that will be shown in the list of your campaigns.
- Draw time zone.
- Start and end date when the app will start and stop collecting data.
- Select the tweet(s) on which you want to run the sweepstake. By default, your last 200 posts will be displayed.
- Remember that only tweets less than 7 days old will appear, as Twitter does not provide information on retweets of older tweets.
6) Click on the 'Save' button.
Your sweepstakes will be registered in your Cool Tabs account, participants will be collected, and you will be able to select the winners at the end of the participation period.
Read on to start selecting winners.
You can review the list of participants by clicking on the 'Leads' section (user icon).
2.2.1. Add more publications to the sweepstakes.
Twitter Sweepstakes also allows you to edit your sweepstake and include new posts. This is very useful if we give a reminder of the contest on Twitter. This way, all the retweets made on the new posts will be collected as well.
To include new posts, just edit the campaign by clicking on the edit icon. Then click on 'Add more tweets', and select the tweet/s you want to add. Save the changes.
Bear in mind that you should create the Twitter Sweepstake right after you publish your tweet and include all the new posts right after you create them, to ensure that all the participations are collected. Remember that retweet sweepstakes can only be performed on tweets that are less than 7 days old, as Twitter does not provide information on older posts.
2.3. How to select winners.
To select winners, you need an active paid plan on the platform.
To start the winner selection process, click on the 'Winners' section. You can access it from the main list of your campaigns by clicking on the trophy icon.
Once inside the 'Winners' section, you will find the following filters:
- Exclude winners from previous competitions. Check this option if you want users who have won other campaigns will not to be able to win again.
- Exclude users from the blacklist by email or nick. We remind you that with our "Blacklist" functionality, you can block users to avoid them being winners. Thus, users included in the list will not be able to be winners
Once you have completed the filter fields that apply to your sweepstakes, click on 'Step 1: Filter'.
Finally, indicate the number of winners and alternates and click on 'Step 2: Launch sweepstake'.
2.4. Winners page and certificate of validity.
Once you've chosen the winner/s, you will get a link to the public winners' page, so that you can publish it and communicate the result. Copy and paste the link.
The winners' page includes the certificate of validity, which certifies that the process has been carried out in a random and transparent way.
In order for the participants to see the winners' page, don't forget to set it to public mode (as shown in the image).
2.5. Winners video.
After the winner selection, you also have the possibility to generate a video with the result of your sweepstakes.
This video can be published with a URL or downloaded for posting in a tweet.
For more information, see the tutorial Winners video: how to show the result of your sweepstakes.
2.6. How to contact the winners.
Contacting the winners of your Twitter sweepstakes is very simple. Once you have selected the winners, in the 'Winners' section, you will find the winner's username.
If you click on the Twitter icon next to it, it will take you directly to their profile. You will then be able to send them a private message.
3. Other specifications.
- You can only make direct draws on public profiles.
- You can no longer run sweepstakes among followers.
- When selecting the winner, it is no longer possible to filter because the user is a follower of the account.
- The Twitter Sweepstakes app performs a random selection of all retweets to perform the sweepstakes.
- The retweets will have to be up to 7 days old. If the users' retweets exceed 7 days, they will not be included in the selection.
- The Twitter Sweepstakes app is only available on the paid plans of the platform.
- There is a limit of 4 sweepstakes per month per Cool Tabs account.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Related content.