The Twitter Sweepstakes app allows you to carry out a sweepstake among your followers or among those users who retweet one or more of your publications. You can require any of these actions or all of them.
The use of this application is included in all our plans. You can also use it within the trial days.
2. Step by step.
2.1. How to create the sweepstakes.Access Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and choose the Twitter Sweepstakes app.
Choose the Twitter user you want to run the contest with.
Choose the type of drawing you want to perform. You can make it among all your followers or those users who have retweeted one (or more) of your tweets.
- If you choose to make it among all your followers, the sweepstake will be run among all your profile's followers.
- If you choose to make it among those users who have liked or commented on one (or more) posts, choose the post or posts in the following step. You can run the sweepstake with one or more posts. Also, you can choose if it's mandatory to follow your Twitter profile, as well as the dates on which the sweepstake will be run.
Twitter Sweepstakes also allows you to edit your sweepstake and include new posts. This is very useful if we give a reminder of the contest on Twitter. This way, all the retweets made on the new posts will be collected as well.
To include new posts, you just need to access your campaign and click on 'Add more tweets', and select the tweet/s you want to add.
Bear in mind that you should create the Twitter Sweepstake right after you publish your tweet and include all the new posts right after you create them, to ensure that all the participations are collected. Twitter only gives us the last 100 retweets. Also, you can only make sweepstakes of tweets or retweets that are less than seven days old, as Twitter doesn't provide older information.
2.2. How to select winners.
To choose the winner or winners, click on the 'Winners' tab that you'll find on the left side of your screen.
You can select the winner or winners among the users that meet your requirements. You can, for example, filter the participants who have followed the account/s (filter only available from our Gold Plan).
Once you have completed the filter fields that apply to your sweepstakes, click on 'Step 1: Filter'.
Finally, indicate the number of winners and click on 'Step 2: Filter'.
2.3. Winners page.
Once you've chosen the winner/s, you'll get a link to a public winners' webpage, so you can share the results with all your followers.
Twitter Sweepstake also allows you to customize your public winners' webpage. Take a look here.
3. Other specifications.
- You can only make direct draws on both Twitter followers and retweets public profiles.
* Downloading a report with all data from users who have become part of the drawing (only users who have retweet): This option is available only for the paid version of Twitter Sweepstakes.
- Specific limits for direct draws of retweets with Twitter Sweepstakes:
- You can only make sweepstakes of tweets or retweets that are less than seven days old, as Twitter doesn't provide older information.
- A maximum of 20,000 retweets will be collected.
- The Twitter Search API is based on the relevance of publications and not in gathering them all. This means that some tweets or users will not appear in the final results. We usually collect over the 85% of the retweet on a tweet.