The Social Listening & Analytics application for Twitter allows you to monitor any content (hashtags, mentions, or keywords) and obtain a complete report.
Keep in mind that Twitter doesn't allow collecting tweets older than 7 days.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your monitoring.
2) Go to the "Monitoring" section.
3) Click on the 'Twitter Content' button.
4) If this is the first time you create a monitoring in Cool Tabs, you must associate a Twitter profile.
Click on the 'Login with Twitter' button and authorize Cool Tabs App to access your account by logging into your Twitter account.
5) Enter the Twitter search terms you want to analyze (hashtags, mentions, keywords...) and the period of time in which content will be collected.
6) Click on the 'Analyze Twitter search' button to start collecting data.
2.2. Data and statistics.
Once the data has been collected, the analysis of the monitored profile will be displayed.
From the left sidebar, by clicking on 'Statistics', you will have access to statistics and data on engagement and tweets.
In content monitoring, you will get the following data:
- Number of tweets per day/hour
- Rankings of users with more followers, users with more tweets, most retweeted users, users with more favourites, or who have retweeted the most
- Impressions per day, location, hashtags, and most used keywords
- Daily engagement, tweets with the most retweets, favourites, and most mentioned users
- The type of tweets, the language used, and the application used to post.
- Tweets by day, time, and by engagement
- Best day and time to post
In addition, you will have access to the 'Tweet management' section, where all your publications and data about them are displayed, such as likes, comments, impressions, reach...
You can filter by search terms, date, language, exclude users or establish that only the publications of the user or users you specify are included.
You can also download the report in PDF, Excel or get a public link to the report, so you can publish it in any online media.
2.2.1. Why not all the data is not displayed in your monitoring?
It may happen that not all the information is shown in our monitoring. This is due to the Twitter API and what they consider "relevant" or not, i.e., there may be accounts that have no followers or that are very new users and Twitter considers them as not very relevant and does not include them.
Twitter's standard search API focuses on relevance and not completeness.
Also, remember that Twitter only allows you to collect tweets from the last 7 days. Therefore, we recommend that you set up monitoring as soon as possible, so as not to lose data.
2.3. How to edit the monitoring.
To edit your monitoring, go to the main list of your monitoring and click on the 'Edit' icon of your monitoring. If it is not your own profile, you will not be able to edit it.
2.4. How to access your monitoring.
You can access to review your monitoring data, whenever you want, from the main list of your monitoring.
To view the monitoring analysis, click on the 'View' icon, as shown in the following image.
2.5. How to run sweepstakes based on hashtags.
From content monitoring, you will be able to run sweepstakes based on a certain hashtag and choose winners, randomly, among the users who have posted a tweet including that hashtag.
In the following tutorial, we explain how to do it: How to Create a Hashtag Sweepstake on Twitter and Instagram.
3. Other specifications.
- The use of the Social Listening & Analytics tool is available in all paid plans, but it is only available on demand.
- It is not available in the platform's free trial.
- It has an additional cost.
- The limit of monitored content is 10,000 tweets per month.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
4. Related content.