2.1. How to create a new integration
Zapier is a software that makes it possible to automate actions, based on workflows (called Zaps), between third-party web applications.
The integration of Cool Tabs with Zapier will allow you to connect Cool Tabs with the applications and tools integrated into Zapier that you use in your day-to-day, to automate your work. When a certain event happens (get a lead), Cool Tabs will collect that data, create a notification of the event and send it to Zapier. In this way, you will be able to integrate, in real-time, the data obtained in your Cool Tabs campaigns into the tools you use. For example, when a new participant in your contest is registered, it will generate a new subscription in your Mailchimp account or register the participants' data in Google Sheets.
Zapier has integration with more than 5,000 apps. Check out all the apps with which you can perform automation.
Before we explain how to integrate your campaign with Zapier, keep in mind the following points:
- Zapier's integration is only available with the Cool Tabs Diamond plan.
- You must be signed up in Zapier
2. Step by step.
Creating a Zap is an easy and intuitive process that you can do yourself, without programming knowledge.
In addition, at Cool Tabs, we have set up integrations with some of the most used applications by our users. You can start from these templates, which are ready to use. This way, you will be able to finish configuring the selected Zap, following the step by step instructions that will be displayed in Zapier.
2.1. How to create a new integration or Zap
1) Go to the 'CRM Exportation' section of your campaign edition, check the 'Export participant data to Zapier' option, and then click 'Save campaign and go to zapier.com to finish integration'.
You will be redirected to the Zapier website to start the integration.
2) Log in to your Zapier account or register if you have not already done. Remember that you must be a Zapier user.
3) Create a new Zap by clicking on the 'Create Zap' button.
4) Search for Cool Tabs in the app browser that appears.
5) Select the event (trigger) that will activate the Zap. This event will be the registration of a new participant in your Cool Tabs campaign. Select the 'New Participant's Entry' option and click on the 'Continue' button.
6) In the 'Choose account' section that will be displayed, click on the 'Sign in' button to log in to your Cool Tabs account and authorize the connection to Zapier.
7) A new window will launch for you to authorize Zapier's access to your Cool Tabs account.
Enter the Zapier API key provided by Cool Tabs and click on the 'Yes, continue' button.
You can locate your key by clicking on the link https://www.cool-tabs.com/my/zapier_zaps.
You can also find it in your Cool Tabs account: Profile > 'Integrations' section.
8) Click on the 'Continue' button to continue with the process and configure the event or trigger.
9) Select the Cool Tabs campaign from which you want the data to be imported. Search for your campaign and click on 'Continue'.
10) Test the event. Click on 'Test trigger'. When finished, click on 'Continue' to continue with the configuration.
11) Select the action you want Zapier to perform when a new lead is registered in your campaign. Search for the app.
In this integration example, we are going to create the integration with Google Sheets, so that, with the data obtained from a campaign, a new row is created in a Google Spreadsheet.
12) Click on 'Continue' to connect to your Google account. Authorize Zapier to access your Google account.
13) Select your Google Drive, where is located the spreadsheet to which the data will be sent.
You will also need to specify the spreadsheet, worksheet, and other fields related to the data you want to be sent.
14) Perform the test to check that the trigger has been configured correctly. Click 'Test trigger'.
Zapier will attempt to find a recent item from your trigger app to use in the Zap.
If you do not find a field that you have generated in the form of your campaign, click on 'Load more' when testing the trigger.
The test data will be sent to the Google spreadsheet you have indicated.
When finished, click 'Continue' to continue with the configuration.
15) Finally, click on the 'Publish Zap' button. The Zap will activate and start automating the workflow.
Check that the Zap is active with the green button set to 'On'.
Go back to Cool Tabs, and verify in the 'CRM Exportation' section of your campaign edition, that the Zap you have created is active.
3. Other specifications
To integrate with Zapier, please note the following points.
- It is only available with the Cool Tabs Diamond plan
- You must be registered in Zapier
If you have any questions about how to perform the integration, you can contact us at the email email@example.com
4. Related content
How to integrate your Cool Tabs campaign with Mailchimp >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.