Facebook Sweepstakes app allows you to create sweepstakes among those who comment on one or more of your promoted posts on Facebook.
In addition, you should keep in mind that:
- Facebook only allows running sweepstakes on a fan page, not on personal profiles or groups.
- Since November 2014, Facebook doesn't want users forced to become a fan just to win a prize in a sweepstake.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Publish the sweepstake.
2.2. Create a sweepstake in Cool Tabs.
2) Create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button. If you are using the platform for the first time, you will directly see the app catalog.
3) Select the Facebook Sweepstakes app.
4) Choose the promoted option.
Select this option if you have run ad campaigns and managed them directly from the Facebook Business Manager.
Remember that if the advertising of your sweepstakes was not managed from the Facebook Business Manager, but you have promoted the publication, you will have to follow the steps in the tutorial to run organic sweepstakes.
5) Select the advertiser account.
Keep in mind that it is necessary to have permission as an advertiser for the sweepstakes account.
6) Choose the sweepstake's ad campaign.
- Allow access to your ads in the tool and choose the advertiser account.
- Select the sponsored post on which the sweepstakes will take place.
7) Complete the information related to the sweepstake.
- Campaign name: this is a name to identify your sweepstakes.
- Time zone.
- End date of the draw. The app will stop collecting data.
- Select the sponsored publication or publications on which you want to carry out the sweepstakes.
8) Click on the 'Save' button.
Your sweepstakes will be registered in your Cool Tabs account, participants will be collected, and you will be able to select the winners at the end of the participation period.
If there had been any likes or comments before the creation of your sweepstakes with Cool Tabs, data would be collected without any problem.
Read on to start selecting winners.
You can review the list of participants by clicking on the 'Leads' section (user icon).
2.3. Select winners.
To select winners, it is mandatory to have an active plan on the platform, either paid or trial. The trial period allows you to try any of the platform's plans for free (and, with it, to use the Instagram Sweepstakes app), for 7 days and without any usage limit.
To start the winner selection process, click on the 'Winners' section. You can access it from the main list of your campaigns by clicking on the trophy icon.
2.3.1. How to filter by conditions.
Keep in mind that it is only possible to filter those actions allowed by the Facebook API.
Some filters may not apply to your sweepstakes (depending on your participation requirements). Leave empty those you do not want to use. You can launch the sweepstake within users that meet the following rules:
1) Unique users: give one chance per user. The tool will count unique users. Even if a user has made 100 comments, only one entry will count towards the sweepstakes.
2) One opportunity per comment: each comment made by the participant will be an additional chance to win in the sweepstakes.
3) Action to participate. The participant has liked/commented/liked and/or commented.
5) Post. If your sweepstake is based on various publications, select whether you want to count entries from all publications or only from one publication.
6) Start and end date
7) The comment must contain a hashtag, word/s, or specific mention. You can write several words separated by spaces so that the comments of the participants that contain any of them are filtered. This is very useful when, for example, participants are asked to comment with a specific word, depending on the prize they want to win or their preferences among the options proposed in the participation dynamics.
8) Assign extra ballots. You have the possibility of assigning extra ballots for the sweepstakes to those users who, in addition to having performed the action or actions you set as a condition, perform other actions:
- If it is a sweepstake based on comments: you can give extra ballots for the sweepstakes to users who have included a particular text. (The filter for awarding extra ballots is only available from Gold Plan onwards).
- If it is a drawing based on likes and comments: you can give extra raffle tickets to people who have liked, commented or included in their comment any of the words (separated by spaces) you have set (the filter for awarding extra tickets is only available from Gold Plan onwards).
- You can also give ballots to participants who have included a word that you set.
9) Exclude winners from previous competitions. Check this option if you want users who have won other campaigns will not to be able to win again.
10) Exclude users from the blacklist by email or nick. We remind you that with our "Blacklist" functionality, you can block users to avoid them being winners. Thus, users included in the list will not be able to be winners
After completing the filter fields that apply to your sweepstakes, click on 'Step 1: Filter'. Filtering will be performed among the participants who have fulfilled all the requirements you have marked.
Finally, indicate the number of winners you want to draw and, if applicable, the number of alternates, and click on 'Step 2: launch sweepstake'.
2.4. Winners page and certificate of validity.
You will get a link to the public winners' page to share the results with all your followers.
The winners' page includes the certificate of validity, which certifies that the process has been carried out in a random and transparent way.
In order for the participants to see the winners page, don't forget to set it to public mode (as shown in the image).
2.5. Winners video.
You also have the possibility to generate a video with the result of your sweepstakes, showing the title of the sweepstakes, the prizes and the winners/substitutes.
This video can be published via URL or downloaded in different formats, to be published in the feed or in Stories.
If you would like more information, you can see the tutorial Winners video: how to show the result of your sweepstakes.
2.6. How to contact the winners.
When you select the winners on Facebook, you will get the winner's username ('Winners' section).
In the tutorial How to contact the winners of your sweepstakes, we explain how to contact the winners of Facebook sweepstakes.
3. Other specifications.
This application is included in all our plans. You can also use it within the trial days, which allows you to try for 7 days free any of the plans.
4. Related content.