To create a direct draw among those participants who like or comment one or more of your photos or videos, choose our Instagram Sweepstakes app. You can run actions like: "comment the post and mention one or more friends". You can choose one or more of them. Keep in mind that, due to the changes on Instagram's API, it's not permitted to run a sweepstake in which the participants need to like your post/s or follow your profile.
2. Step by step.
- We must associate a Facebook account, since access to the data of an Instagram account is done through Facebook. You must accept the permits so that we can collect the shares of your publication.
- Choose the Instagram user you want to run the contest with. If the profile which you want to make the draw does not appear, follow the steps in this tutorial to add it.
By clicking on "I cannot find my Instagram account", we will see the options to create the draw with company profile or personal profile. In this tutorial, we explain how to convert my personal Instagram profile to a company profile.
- Select the dates by which the data will be collected:
- Choose the post or posts in the following step.
- Instagram Sweepstake also allows you to edit your sweepstake and include new posts. This is very useful if we give a reminder of the contest on Instagram. This way, all the comments made on the new posts will be collected as well.
To include new posts, you just need to access your campaign and select the post/s you want to add.
- You can select the winner or winners among the users that meet the following rules (you can select or leave empty the filters depending on the requirements):
- Participants who have mentioned one or more friends (up to 10 mentions).
- Participants who have included the hashtag, word/s or mention required in their comments. You can write variuous words separated by spaces, so the comments which include any of them are filtered.
- Once you've chosen the winner/s, you'll get a link to a public winner's webebpage, so you can share the results with all your followers. You can also custom your winners page with a custom header.
3. Other specifications.
- You can only make direct Instagram Sweepstakes among those users who comment on a post, always in public profiles.
- You can also make a contest with a promoted post or among posts that belong to different profiles (very useful to make campaigns with influencers).