When you generate a Cool Tabs campaign, by default, it is hosted on a custom domain that we provide you (www.your-promos.com). However, in white-label campaigns, you have the possibility to display your campaign on your own domain.
The own domain allows you to host the campaign directly on a subdomain of your own (you can host one or several campaigns, since the own domain allows you to get a site with all your campaigns). This option allows you to have a custom look&feel, following your brand line, promo, etc.
Also, when sharing the campaign, the URL that will be displayed will reflect your subdomain, instead of the Cool Tabs domain, which will still appear when sharing the campaign from the content widget.
This advanced option is available for White Label campaigns, included in the Diamond Plan, and has an additional cost.
2. Step by step.
The step by step you must follow to use your own domain name for your campaign is as follows:
1) Choose your domain name.
2) Contact us at email@example.com to provide us the domain name.
3) We will send you a validation URL where you can check the domain activation status.
4) Contact your technical service to manage the DNS.
3. Technical specifications.
Here are the technical requirements needed to host your campaign on your own domain:
- It is necessary that someone from your team has access to add/modify DNS records of the domain you want to use.
- It is mandatory to use a subdomain. For example, "www.your-brand.com" or "promotions.your-brand.com". It is not possible to use a root domain. That is, you cannot use "your-brand.com".
- You cannot use a domain URL, such as www.your-brand.com/promotions. However, your campaign can be embedded in a URL with this structure. In the following tutorial, we explain how to embed your campaign on a web page. Consider that the domain that will be visible when you share your campaign with the content widget will be cool-promo.com, not your own domain. If you want your own domain to be visible, you must use the own domain feature we are talking about in this solution.
- The technical manager of the domain must create a CNAME record pointing to a record that we will provide you from Cool Tabs (it will be provided once you send us the domain you want to use).
|Domain example||Example of CNAME to configure|
4. Other specifications.
This feature is only available for campaigns created with the Cool Promo White Label application, included in the Diamond Plan, and has an additional cost.
If you need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Related content.
Differences between Own Domain and Content Widget >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.