Facebook Sweepstakes app allows you to manage a sweepstake on a Facebook wall post of your fan page. You will be able to select the winner ot winners among users who have reacted (like or any other reaction) and/or among users who have commented on the post.
The use of this application is included in all our plans. You can also use it within the trial days, which allows you to try for 7 days free any of the plans.
Keep in mind that, since November 2014, Faceboook doesn't want users forced to become a fan just to win a prize in a sweepstake.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Publish the post.
Publish the post on your wall. We show you an example:
2.2. Create your Sweepstake on Cool Tabs.
Enter to Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and select the Facebook Sweepstakes app.
The next step is to choose the type of sweepstakes on Facebook: organic or sponsored.
- Organic sweepstakes: select this option if you have not promoted your sweepstakes post or if you have promoted it on Facebook after publishing it.
- Promoted sweepstakes: select this option if you have run ads and managed them directly from Facebook Business Manager. Check how to create a sweepstake among users who react to a promoted post on Facebook.
In order to collect information about your sweepstake publication, you need to associate your Facebook profile with your Cool Tabs account.
By linking your Facebook profile, all the pages you manage will be registered on Cool Tabs. So the next step will be to select the Facebook page where you have published the draw.
If the fanpage is not listed, click on 'I can't find my fanpage'. You will be redirected to Facebook to check if you have given us access to that fanpage. If you're still having trouble, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we can help you.
After selecting the fanpage, you must complete certain information related to the sweepstakes:
- Campaign name: this is a name to identify your sweepstake.
- Sweepstakes time zone.
- Start and end date of the sweepstakes.
- How to participate: mark how users should participate by liking the publication, commenting on it or both.
- Publication or publications on which you want to carry out the sweepstakes. In this screen you can specify a name for your draw, so you can identify it in the campaigns list.
Once you have completed these steps, the app starts to manage your sweepstake inmediately. If there had been any likes or comments before the creation osf your sweepstake with Cool Tabs, data would be collected without problem.
Facebook Sweepstake app allows you to add new publications related to the contest. Go to the campaigns list, find your sweepstake and click on the edit icon. Then on 'Add more posts'.
2.3. How to select winners.
To select winners, you need an active plan on the platform, either paid or trial. The trial period allows you to try any of the platform's plans for free, for 7 days and without any usage limit.
To choose the winner or winners, click on the 'Winners' section that you'll find from the main list of your campaigns by clicking on the icon shown with three horizontal stripes. If you want to access the list of participants, click on the icon with the three stripes and then on 'Leads'.
2.3.1. How to filter by conditions.
You can select winner/s among the participants who meet the conditions of your sweepstakes. To do this, you have different filters, which you can apply and which will remove from the sweepstakes those users who do not meet these requirements.
Keep in mind that it is only possible to filter those actions allowed by Facebook's usage and promotion policies. The conditions that cannot be checked automatically (following an account and liking), you will have to check manually, once you have the name of the winner.
Some filters may not apply to your sweepstakes (depending on your entry requirements). Leave empty those you don't want to use.
The following filters are available:
- Unique users: give one chance per user. The tool will count unique users. Even if a user has made 100 comments, only one entry will count towards the sweepstakes.
- One opportunity per comment: each comment made by the participant will be an additional chance to win in the sweepstakes.
- The participant has clicked on like or on any reaction in the selected publication.
- The participant has commented.
- The participant has clicked on like and commented.
- The participant has clicked on like or commented.
- The participant has had to give a specific reaction.
- Start and end date on which the participant could participate.
You can also filter by start and end date, as well as give only one chance per user or one for each comment they have left. In addition, you can include only users who have commented with a specific word or words (separated by spaces) you have set.
We remind you that with our "Blacklist" functionality, you can block users to avoid them being winners.
Once you have completed the filter fields that apply to your sweepstakes, click on 'Step 1: Filter'. Filtering will be performed among the participants who have fulfilled all the requirements you have marked.
Finally, indicate the number of winners you want to draw and, if applicable, the number of alternates. Lastly, click on 'Step 2: launch sweepstake'.
2.4. Winners page and certificate of validity.
Once you've chosen the winner/s, you will get a link to the public winners' page, so that you can publish it and communicate the result. The winners' page includes the certificate of validity, which certifies that the process has been carried out in a random and transparent way.
In order for the participants to see the winners' page, don't forget to set it to public mode (as shown in the image).
2.5. Winners video.
After the winner selection, you also have the possibility to generate a video with the result of your sweepstakes. This video can be published with a URL or downloaded for posting in a tweet.
2.6. How to contact the winners.
When you select the winners of a sweepstake on Facebook, you will obtain the winner's username ('Winners' section). Facebook does not allow direct access to a user's profile. Therefore, if you click on the Facebook icon next to the winner's name, the social network will display the message "This content is not available at this time".
3. Other specifications.
- A list of participants: every ‘Like’ and/or comments registered in the sweepstake post will become a participation in our data pannel.
- Essential data for each participant: each entry will contain the username and url of Facebook. No further information is provided by Facebook in this kind of sweepstakes.
- Voting system for comments: If the comments of the participants have ‘Likes’, they also appear in the report of participation, which can serve as voting to elect a winner.
- Download the list of participants: Facebook Sweepstake app allows you to download a list of participants.
- Winner Selection: Choosing the winner can be made in three different ways:
– Automatic selection: WallPromo makes a random drawing among all the participants and chooses the winner or winners.
– Selection filters: Based solely on the number of ‘likes’ that every comment has.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org