The Instagram Sweepstakes app allows you to run sweepstakes in sponsored ads on Instagram, among those users who comment on one or more of the sponsored ads on your profile is Instagram Sweepstakes.
Before showing you the step-by-step, please note several points:
- Sponsored sweepstakes are ones whose advertising has been managed directly on Facebook Business Manager. If you have published the sweepstakes organically and then promoted that publication, you have to follow the steps that we indicate in the tutorial on How to run an Instagram sweepstakes.
- Due to changes made by Instagram's API, in April 2018, it is no longer possible to check in an automated way that users have liked or followed your profile/s. You can ask for it in your sweepstakes because these are not actions it prohibits, but you will have to check it manually by accessing the winner's profile.
Check that you have a business account on Instagram. Instagram does not allow sweepstakes on personal profiles.
Check that your Instagram business profile is associated with a Facebook fan page. Instagram requires company profiles to be associated with a Facebook fan page. In addition, you will have to check the permissions of the profile where you want to run the sweepstakes on Facebook Business. If you don't know how to do it, you can check the tutorial: How to add an Instagram account in Facebook Business for your sweepstakes.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Publish the sweepstake.
2.2. Create the sweepstake in Cool Tabs.
2) Create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button. If you are using the platform for the first time, you will directly see the app catalog.
3) Select the Instagram Sweepstake app.
5) Choose the advertiser account.
Please note that you need to have permission as an advertiser for the sweepstakes account.
6) Choose the advertisement campaign.
Remember that, as it is a sweepstake in a sponsored ad, it is only possible to carry out the sweepstakes among those users who have commented on the publication.
7) Complete certain information related to the sweepstake:
- Campaign name: this is a name to identify your sweepstakes.
- Time zone.
- End date of the draw when the app will stop collecting data.
- Select the sponsored publication or publications on which you want to carry out the sweepstakes.
8) Click on the 'Save' button.
Your sweepstakes will be registered in your Cool Tabs account, participants will be collected and you will be able to select the winners at the end of the participation period.
Read on to start selecting winners.
You can review the list of participants by clicking on the 'Leads' section (user icon).
Keep in mind that, occasionally, when we create an Instagram sweepstake, the number of comments that Cool Tabs shows don't match the number we can see on the Instagram app. Check out this tutorial for more information: Why my Instagram sweepstake doesn't show all the comments?
2.3. Select winners.
To select winners, it is mandatory to have an active plan on the platform, either paid or trial. The trial period allows you to try any of the platform's plans for free (and, with it, to use the Instagram Sweepstakes app), for 7 days and without any usage limit.
To start the winner selection process, click on the 'Winners' section. You can access it from the main list of your campaigns by clicking on the trophy icon.
2.3.1. How to apply filters.
1) Unique users. Each user will have only one opportunity in the raffle, regardless of the number of comments made.
2) One opportunity per comment. Each comment will count as a new opportunity in the draw for the user.
3) Mentioned users. You can indicate the minimum number of mentions the participant has to make in his/her comment. The maximum number of mentions per comment is 10.
- Currently, it is not possible to filter comments by people mentioned and avoid repeated mentions. For example, in a sweepstake where you have to mention 3 friends and each comment counts as additional participation. If a person leaves 10 comments and always mentions the same 3 friends if you check the option 'One opportunity per comment', that user will have 10 participations.
- If you have detected that in your sweepstakes there are participants who repeat mentions in different comments, you can control this by checking the option 'Only one chance per user'.
- Another option, to avoid penalizing participants who are complying with the conditions, is to manually review and delete entries from the list of participants. In this way, you will be able to delete participations with the same mentions. The participants are sorted by username, so it will be easier to review them.
4) Comment includes. If participants had to comment using a specific word, write it here. You can write several words separated by spaces so that comments from participants containing any of them are filtered.
5) Start and end dates. Specify the start and end date on which users could participate.
6) Exclude winners from previous competitions. Check this option if you want users who have won other campaigns will not to be able to win again.
7) Exclude users from the blacklist by email or nick. We remind you that with our "Blacklist" functionality, you can block users to avoid them being winners. Thus, users included in the list will not be able to be winners
Once you have completed the filter fields that apply to your sweepstakes, click 'Step 1: Filter'. Filtering will be performed among the participants who have fulfilled all the requirements you have marked.
Finally, indicate the number of winners you want to draw and the number of alternates. Lastly, click on 'Step 2: Launch Sweepstake'.
2.4. Winners page and certificate of validity.
You will get a link to the public winners' page, so you can share the results with all your followers.
The winners' page includes the certificate of validity, which certifies that the process has been carried out in a random and transparent way.
In order for the participants to see the winners' page, don't forget to set it to public mode (as shown in the image).
2.5. Winners video.
You also have the possibility to generate a video with the result of your sweepstakes, showing the title of the sweepstakes, the prizes, and the winners/substitutes.
This video can be published via URL or downloaded in different formats, to be published in the feed or in Stories.
For more information, see the tutorial Winners video: how to show the result of your sweepstakes.
2.6. How to contact the winners.
Next to the winner's username, you will find the Instagram icon. If you click on it, it will take you directly to their profile. This way, you will be able to send them a private message.
3. Other specifications.
- Remember that, due to Instagram API limitations, since April 2018, it is no longer possible to check in an automated way that users have liked or become followers of your profile/s. You can ask for it because these are not actions that Instagram prohibits, but they must be checked manually.
- You can only make direct Instagram Sweepstakes among those users who comment on a post, always in public profiles.
- Furthermore, you can also make a contest with a promoted post or among posts that belong to different profiles (very useful to make campaigns with influencers).
The use of this application is included in all our plans. You can also use it within the trial days, which allows you to try for 7 days free of our plans.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
4. Related Content.