Cool Tabs allows you to carry out sweepstakes in sponsored ads on Instagram. The application that allows you to run sweepstakes among those users who comment on one or more of the sponsored ads on your profile is Instagram Sweepstakes.
The use of this application is included in all our plans. You can also use it within the trial days, which allows you to try for 7 days free, any of the plans.
You should know that, due to changes made by the Instagram API, in April 2018, it is no longer possible to check in an automated way that users have liked or followed your profile/s. Furthermore, you will be able to ask for it in your sweepstakes because these are not actions that it prohibits, but you will have to check it manually, by accessing the winner's profile.
A sponsored sweepstake is one whose advertising has been managed directly on Facebook Business Manager. If you have published the sweepstakes organically and then promoted that publication, you have to follow the steps that we indicate in the tutorial How to run an Instagram sweepstake.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Publish the sweepstake.
2.2. Create a sweepstake in Cool Tabs.
Access Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and choose the Instagram Sweepstakes app.
Then select the promoted sweepstakes option. Remember that if the advertising of your sweepstakes was not managed from the Facebook Business Manager and you have promoted the post, you will have to follow the steps in the tutorial to make an organic sweepstake.
Please note that you need to have permission as an advertiser of the sweepstakes account.
Allow access to your ads in the tool and choose the advertiser account and the sweepstake's ad campaign.
Remember that, as it is a sweepstake in a sponsored ad, it is only possible to carry out the sweepstakes among those users who have commented on the publication.
You must complete certain information related to the sweepstake:
- Campaign name: this is a name to identify your sweepstakes.
- Time zone.
- End date of the draw when the app will stop collecting data.
- Select the sponsored publication or publications on which you want to carry out the sweepstakes.
2.3. Select winners.
To select winners, it is mandatory to have an active plan on the platform, either paid or trial. The trial period allows you to try any of the platform's plans for free (and, with it, to use the Instagram Sweepstakes app), for 7 days and without any usage limit.
To start the selection process, click on the 'Winners' section. You can access it from the main list of your campaigns by clicking on the icon with three horizontal stripes. If you want to access the list of participants, click on the icon with the three stripes and then on 'Leads'.
It is important to remember that sometimes when we create an Instagram sweepstake, the number of comments that Cool Tabs shows don't match the number we can see on the Instagram app. Check out this tutorial for more information: Why my Instagram sweepstake doesn't show all the comments?
2.3.1. How to apply filters.
- Unique users. Each user will have only one opportunity in the raffle, regardless of the number of comments made.
- One opportunity per comment. Each comment will count as a new opportunity in the draw for the user.
- Participants who have mentioned one or more friends (up to 10 mentions). Currently, it is not possible to filter comments by people mentioned and avoid repeated mentions. For example, in a sweepstake where you have to mention 3 friends and each comment counts as additional participation. If a person leaves 10 comments and always mentions the same 3 friends if you check the option 'One opportunity per comment', that user will have 10 participations.
- Participants who have included the hashtag, word/s or mention required in their comments. You can write various words separated by spaces, so the comments which include any of them are filtered.
Once you have completed the filter fields that apply to your sweepstakes, click on 'Step 1: Filter'. A filtering will be performed among the participants who have fulfilled all the requirements you have marked.
Finally, indicate the number of winners you want to draw and the number of alternates. Lastly, click on 'Step 2: Launch Sweepstake'.
2.4. Winners page and certificate of validity.
You will get a link to the public winners' page, so you can share the results with all your followers.
The winners' page includes the certificate of validity, which certifies that the process has been carried out in a random and transparent way.
In order for the participants to see the winners page, don't forget to set it to public mode (as shown in the image).
You can also customize your winner's page with a custom header.
2.5. Winners video.
You also have the possibility to generate a video with the result of your sweepstakes, showing the title of the sweepstakes, the prizes and the winners/substitutes.
This video can be published via URL or downloaded in different formats, to be published in the feed or in Stories.
2.6. How to contact the winners.
Next to the winner's username, you will find the Instagram icon. If you click on it, it will take you directly to their profile. This way, you will be able to send them a private message.
3. Other specifications.
- Remember that, due to Instagram API limitations, since April 2018, it is no longer possible to check in an automated way that users have liked or become followers of your profile/s. You can ask for it because these are not actions that Instagram prohibits, but they must be checked manually.
- You can only make direct Instagram Sweepstakes among those users who comment on a post, always in public profiles.
- Furthermore, you can also make a contest with a promoted post or among posts that belong to different profiles (very useful to make campaigns with influencers).
4. Related Content.