2.3. How to access your monitoring.
2.4. How to run a hashtag + mention sweepstake on Instagram.
Our Social Listening & Analytics tool for Instagram allows you to monitor the mentions an account receives on Instagram.
The use of the Social Listening & Analytics tool is available in all our plans.
It is also possible to use it during the 7-day free trial period. This allows you to try any of the platform's plans for free and without limitations.
Please note that due to Instagram API restrictions:
- You can only collect data from the moment you create the monitoring. Therefore, it is not possible to obtain past data.
- Only mentions from public Instagram profiles can be collected.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your monitoring.
1) Log in to your Cool Tabs account. If you are not registered yet, you can check the tutorial: How to create an account on Cool Tabs.
2) Go to the "Monitoring" section.
3) Click on the "Instagram Mentions" button.
4) If this is the first time you create a monitoring in Cool Tabs, you must log in with Facebook and accept Facebook's permissions to manage your Instagram accounts.
Access to your Instagram account data is done through your Facebook account. So we need you to give these permissions for one of your Instagram profiles.
Click on connect with Facebook and select the Instagram Business Account(s) you want to use with Cool Tabs. In the following steps, you must choose the fan pages associated with those profiles and determine what Cool Tabs can do with the Pages you selected. Note that Cool Tabs may not work correctly if you disable these options. So, we recommend you check all of them. You can always go back to edit them.
Make sure that when you connect to your Facebook account to give permissions to our platform, you check the "Manage accounts, settings and Webhooks for a page" permission on the associated fanpage. If not, an error will occur because we will not be able to collect the mentions, and you will have to reconnect with Facebook and assign the permissions correctly.
If you have problems or doubts about associating the profile, check our tutorial: How to link a Facebook or Instagram profile to create sweepstakes or monitoring.
5) Once associated, select the Instagram profile from which you want to collect mentions.
If you can't find your profile, click on 'I can't find my profile', to reconnect to Facebook and give the necessary permissions.
2.2. Statistics and data.
Once the data has been collected, the analysis of the monitored profile will be displayed.
When you monitor the mentions on a specific profile, you will obtain the following information:
- Number of posts per day
- Most used hashtags and words
- Ranking of posts with more engagement. At Cool Tabs, we calculate engagement by giving a score of 10 for each comment and 1 point for each like. This is our own weighting based on the effort required by the user to perform one or the other action.
- Likes and comments per day of the week
- Average daily engagement
- Hashtags with the most engagement
- Best day and time to publish
In addition, you will have access to the 'Photo Manager' section, where all your publications and data about them are displayed, such as likes, comments, impressions, reach...
You can filter by search terms, date, language, exclude users or establish that only the publications of the user or users you specify are included.
You can also download the report in PDF, Excel or get a public link to the report, so you can publish it in any online media.
2.3. How to access your monitoring.
You can access to review your monitoring data, whenever you want, from the main list of your monitoring.
To view the monitoring analysis, click on the 'View' icon, as shown in the following image.
2.4. How to run a mention + hashtag sweepstakes.
With this type of monitoring, you can create sweepstakes with mention + hashtag and choose winners.
In the following tutorial, we explain how to do it: How to create a mention + hashtag sweepstakes on Instagram.
3. Other specifications.
We calculate engagement by giving a score of 10 for each comment and 1 point for each like. This is our own weighting based on the effort required by the user to perform one or the other action.
Remember that data can only be collected from the moment the monitoring is created. Therefore, you will not be able to obtain past data.
In addition, for privacy reasons, it is also not possible to obtain information from private Instagram profiles, only data from public profiles.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Related content.
How to Create a Twitter profile Monitoring >>
How to create a Facebook Page Monitoring >>
How to create a Twitter content Monitoring >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.