In this tutorial, we are going to explain how to exclude from Facebook Ads those users who have already participated in your campaign. In this way, you will not lose money in impacting with ads to users who already know the campaign and have participated.
To do this, you must configure the Facebook pixel within the campaign. The Facebook pixel is a code you can include in your website that will help you track Facebook Ads conversions, optimize ads and create targeted audiences. It works by placing and activating cookies to track users when they interact with the website.
To set it up, you must include the Facebook pixel code in the tracking code box of your campaign edition.
2. Step by step.
1) Configure the Facebook Ads pixel.
In this tutorial, we explain how to set up the pixel.
2) Once the pixel is created, you have to include it as a tracking code within your campaign. This is done from the 'Cookies & Tracking codes' section of the campaign edition.
Once you have included both tracks, the users who are completing the registration in the campaign will be tracked with the Facebook track.
If you have doubts about setting up the tracking codes for your campaign, check out the tutorial on How to set up campaign tracking and conversion codes.
4) Finally, you need to create a custom audience based on traffic to your website. To do this:
- Log in to Facebook Business.
- Go to 'Audiences'.
- Click on 'Create a Custom Audience' based on website traffic.
- Choose a pixel (the one you have previously created) and the event "CompleteRegistration".
Thus, automatically, any user who completes the registration will be included in that audience and Facebook will have to exclude them from ads.
3. Other specifications.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
4. Related content.