Cool Tabs allows you to create a campaign to raffle prizes instantly and distribute them based on UTM parameters.
The UTMs are a series of parameters added to the URL of your campaign, which will allow you to know where the traffic of your campaign comes from.
In this way, you will be able to assign prizes or others depending on the media or source from which the participant arrives. For example, give prizes only to those who arrive through your newsletter or a specific prize or discount to those who come from your app.
Participants will know immediately whether they have won or not after completing their participation. And, if they have won, they will find out at that moment what their prize is.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
1) Log in to your Cool Tabs account.
If you are not registered yet, see the tutorial: How to create a Cool Tabs account.
2) Create your Instant Win campaign.
You can follow the steps in the tutorial: How to create an Instant Win campaign to give out instant prizes.
2.2. Configure instant win distribution based on UTM parameters.
When setting up your Instant Win campaign, in the 'Instant Wins' section of the campaign edition, you will have activated the Instant Win automatic winner selection option. And, when you do so, different tabs will have been displayed.
1) Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
2) Enable the check 'Assign/restrict Instant Wins according to the UTM variables they reached the campaign from'.
In this way, in the individual configuration of each instant win, you will be able to set the conditions that must be met so that the prize can only be assigned to participants who reach your campaign according to certain UTM variables that you configure.
3) Configure the instant wins of your campaign. Click on the 'Instant Wins List' tab and then on the 'Individual Instant Wins Management' button.
2.2.1. Individual management of Instant Wins.
The individual management of instant wins allows you to configure different winning moments and choose the date and time when these prizes will be distributed. If you are going to distribute a lot of prizes, or you don't want to have to select a date and time, you only have to leave this field blank and the tool will distribute them randomly.
Click on the 'Add winner' button to add a new screen. Set up as many new winner screens as there are types of prizes to be distributed.
If you are going to draw several units of the same prize, you don't need to create them all. You can then duplicate them as many times as you need.
Configure each instant win.
Instant Win Details
- Give a private name to each instant win, to identify it internally.
- Select the date/time when the prize will be awarded. The first user to participate after that date/time will win. If you leave it blank, the tool will choose the date/time randomly.
In the "Conditions/Restrictions" section, you will be able to determine the conditions that must be met in order for a user to win the prize, depending on where the participant reaches the campaign.
You will find the following restrictions, depending on the UTM parameters of the URL of your campaign.
- utm_campaign: the campaign parameter identifies the campaign that drove traffic to your instant win campaign. For example, a customer campaign for your 10th anniversary.
- utm_medium: the medium parameter identifies the medium from which the traffic arrives. For example, email, CPC campaign, social, banner...
- utm_source: the source parameter identifies the source, website, or social network, from which a participant has arrived. For example, Instagram, Twitter...
- utm_term: the term parameter identifies keywords.
You can enter more than one UTMs separated with commas, and include an '%' as any character. For example: 'my-utm1', 'my-utm1,my-utm2', 'my-utm%'. You can only use letters, digits, and characters '-', '_', '%'
- Write a public title for that winner. This is the text that will appear above the winner's name.
- Include a creative and/or message that will be shown to the winner. This field accepts text, image and/or GIF. You can also add HTML.
3. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to create this type of campaign.
You can also create your Instant Win with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
4. Related Content.