3.3. Configure the Instant Win.
3.5. Configure the final screen.
Cool Tabs allows you to create a campaign to draw prizes randomly and instantly, through the Instant Win sweepstakes, also known as the winning moment. Once participants have completed a registration form, they’ll find out if they’ve won. In this way, the selection of winners will be automatic. They will not have to wait for a certain date and time to know the result of the sweepstakes.
In the Instant Win campaigns, you can program your prizes in date and time. If there are many prizes to be distributed, the platform will be in charge of distributing them between the dates you determine.
Participants will be able to participate in the campaign by logging in with their Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google and/or, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account or anonymously (with their email).
<< Try our Instant Win DEMO >>
2. Ideas and examples.
With this type of mechanics, the possibilities are endless. Setting up an Instant Win campaign is very practical when you want to distribute many prizes, either during a short period or in an action that extends over time.
It is also very common for instant win campaigns to be linked to other types of campaigns, such as:
- Spin the Wheel: How to create a Spin the Wheel campaign to give out instant prizes.
- Scratch & Win: How to create a Scratch & Win campaign to give out instant prizes.
- Jackpot: How to create a Jackpot campaign, slot machine type, to give out instant prizes.
- Code validation: How to create a campaign to validate promotional codes.
3. Step by step.
3.1. Create the campaign.
1) Log in to your Cool Tabs account. If you are not registered yet, you can check the tutorial: How to create an account on Cool Tabs.
2) Create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button. If you are using the platform for the first time, you will directly see the app catalog.
3) Select Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label, depending on whether you have a Gold or Diamond plan, respectively. Click on the 'Start' button.
3.2. Configure the campaign.
Complete the first sections of your campaign. These are related to the register, basic data, design, and dates.
Please note that some sections of the campaign edition do not necessarily apply to your campaign (viral ranking, coupons...).
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
You can also help yourself in the following tutorials, in which we explain in more detail what you can include in each section:
Cool Promo White Label: how to create your white label campaign with Cool Tabs.
Determine how the participants have to register for the campaign.
You can opt for social login or anonymous login (the participant does not register with a social network, but must complete the form).
3.2.2. Basic data.
- Name: this is the name of your campaign so that you can identify it internally in the list of your campaigns.
- Where you want users to access: by default, it will be the microsite that we provide when generating a campaign with Cool Tabs.
In the 'Design' section you can customize everything related to the appearance of the campaign: main image, background image, descriptive text, font, colors…
You can use the options we give you by default, include your own HTML, or use the more customized option with our advanced configuration.
We explain this section in more detail in the tutorial How to design your campaign with Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label.
In this section, indicate the start and end dates on which your campaign will be visible.
Set the range of dates on which users will be able to participate. These usually match the start and end dates of the campaign.
In the 'Restrictions' tab, you can determine the number of times a user can participate.
3.2.6. Entry form.
Configure the 'Entry Form' section, with the fields you want the participants to fill in: name, surname, email…
3.3. Configure the Instant Wins.
After completing the first sections of your campaign, go to the 'Instant Wins' section to configure the instant wins. These are the winning moments in which you will deliver your prizes.
Check the 'Select winners with Instant Win' option. When you do so, new configuration options will be displayed.
- Forbid any user to win more than one Instant Win in this campaign. Choose this option in case you want the participants who have won, cannot to win again.
- Forbid any user who has previously won an Instant Win in any of your campaigns to win any new Instant Wins in this campaign.
- You can edit the list of blocked users in your campaigns here.
- Exclude some emails when assigning Instant Win. Users with the emails you include will be able to participate normally, but will not be eligible to win an Instant Win prize. You can use this option to exclude entire domains (e.g. all your company emails).
- Instant Wins must be reviewed before notifying the participants. Activating this option, the user will see a message that they have won an Instant Win, but his/her participation will be reviewed by the administrator.
- The message will be displayed to the winning participants. You can include text, images, or HTML for the Instant Win winners. In case you want to configure a different final screen for each winner or prize type, you must do it from the individual Instant Wins management tab, as we will explain below. Then, in the 'Final Screen' section, you will be able to set a message and a default image for all participants who are not winners. We will explain how to set this up below.
- Content for moderated winners. If you have checked the option to moderate Instant Wins, you can include a personalized message.
In this tab, you will be able to enable the option to distribute Instant Win prizes according to the origin of the participants that arrive at the campaign. This origin will be determined by the UTM parameters of the URL of your campaign.
In this way, you will be able to assign some prizes or others depending on the medium or source from which the participant arrives. For example, you can give out prizes only to those who arrive through your newsletter or a specific prize or discount to those who arrive from your app.
If you want to configure the distribution of instant win based on UTM parameters, see the tutorial: How to distribute Instant Win prizes based on the origin of the participants.
Instant Wins List tab
In 'Individual Instant Winners Management' is where you have to configure and customize each of the instant wins or winning moments. Here's how to do it.
3.3.1. Individual Instant Winners management.
The individual management of instant wins allows you to configure different winning moments and choose the date and time when these prizes will be distributed.
1) Click on the 'Individual Instant Winners Management' button.
2) Then click on the 'Add winner' button. Add as many new winner screens as the types of prizes you are going to give away. If you are going to draw the same prize several times, you don't need to create them all. You can then duplicate them as many times as you need.
3) Complete the information for each Instant Win.
Instant Win details
- Give a private name to that instant win, to identify it internally.
- Select the date/time when it will be released. The first user to participate after that date/time will win. If you leave it blank, the tool will choose the date/time randomly.
When configuring an Instant Win campaign, you can limit the option to win a certain prize to the participant meeting certain conditions. It will only appear in campaigns where certain conditions or restrictions have been activated:
- Restriction by a single region or zip code. This restriction allows a user not to win an instant win if he/she does not participate from the region or postal code you determine in the campaign settings. See the tutorial How to restrict the distribution of Instant Wins by region or postal code.
- Restriction by quiz answers. Your Instant Win campaign can be linked to a quiz by points or by categories. Thus, you can make the possibility of winning an Instant Win based on the answers (category or points obtained) that the participant has marked in the quiz (or on the points obtained in gamification). See the tutorial How to distribute Instant Win prizes based on the answers chosen by the participants.
- Restriction by UTM parameters. You can assign some prizes or others depending on where the participants arrive from. This will be determined by the UTM parameters that you configure in the campaign URL. This restriction will allow you, for example, to give prizes only to those who arrive through your newsletter or a specific prize or discount to those who arrive from your app. See the tutorial How to distribute Instant Win prizes depending on the origin of the participants.
If your campaign is conditioned by any of the above-mentioned assumptions, you can determine in the 'Conditions/restrictions' section:
- The minimum and maximum score that participants must obtain in the quiz or gamification.
- The category of answer they have to obtain in the quiz
- The region or zip code from which they must participate
- The UTM parameter (campaign, source, media...) from which they must arrive
In Instant Win campaigns, it is possible to distribute discount codes in addition to the Instant Win prize distribution.
If you want to set up an Instant Win campaign with coupon/coupon distribution, see the tutorial How to distribute coupons/discount codes in an Instant Win campaign.
- Write a public title for that winner. This is the text that will appear above the winner's name.
- Include a creative and/or message that will be shown to the winner.
3.4. Duplicate Instant Wins.
If you are going to give out the same prize several times, you have the possibility to make multiple copies of existing winning moments, without the need to manually create them one by one.
For example, if you are going to raffle 10 T-shirts and 50 balls, you only have to create one instant win for the T-shirt prize and another instant win for the ball. Once created, with the 'Duplicate' function, the remaining 9 instant wins will be generated, corresponding to the T-shirt prize, and the other 49, corresponding to the ball prize.
To duplicate prizes that you are going to give out, go to 'Individual Instant Winners Management' and click on the 'Make a Copy' icon of the Instant Win you want to duplicate.
Choose a start and end date on which the copies to be created will be distributed and the number of duplicates you need. You can also set the prizes not to be assigned within a certain range of hours.
Finally, click on the 'Duplicate' button.
Note that if you want to modify the creativity or the message of an instant win, you can only edit it from the original instant win. Afterward, the changes will be applied to the copies as well. You will be able to edit each duplicate to modify the date/time.
3.5. Configure the final screen.
In the 'Final Screen' section you can customize the message that will be displayed to all non-winners.
If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, if you wish, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
You have the possibility to set up a final screen with a "scratchable" image to generate a Scratch & Win game, where the participant has to scratch over the image to find out if there is a prize underneath or not.
In the tutorial How to create a Scratch & Win campaign to give out instant prizes, we explain how to set it up.
3.6. Other configurations.
3.6.1. Legal conditions.
You can copy and paste the text, and attach a downloadable PDF or Word file.
You have additional checkboxes for commercial communications, social profiling, as well as others that you need to add.
3.6.2. Go viral section.
Encourage the diffusion of your campaign by allowing participants to share the campaign and their participation on social networks. In the 'Go viral' section, add the image, title, and text you want to appear when users share the campaign or their participation.
We recommend you customize the messages displayed on social networks after sharing. You can also refer to the tutorial How to customize messages shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
4. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up an Instant Win campaign.
You can also create your campaign with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Related content.
How to access the URL of your campaign to publish it >>
How to create a Spin the Wheel campaign to give out instant win prizes >>
How to create a Jackpot campaign, slot machine type, to give out instant win prizes >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.