With Cool Tabs, you can create a knowledge test or trivia quiz, for fun and test your users' knowledge on any topic.
You can award points per correct answer, give feedback after their answers, or set a time limit to answer. Boost participation with prize draws among all participants or only those who got the most answers right.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create the campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at email@example.com.
2.2. Configure the quiz.
'Basic data' tab
Go to the 'Quiz' section of the campaign editor to add the quiz questions and answers. Then check the option 'Quiz with points for right answers' in the 'Basic data' tab.
In this tab, you will also find the option to configure the quiz structure.
- Display quiz questions on a different page and personal data on another. By default, questions quiz are displayed on different pages (step by step), and the personal data form is on another one.
- Display quiz questions and personal data on a single page.
- Display all the quiz questions on the same page and the personal data questions on another one. The option to display the data form before the quiz can only be set when all quiz questions are displayed on a single page. In quizzes step by step, where one question is displayed after another on different pages, the data form is always displayed at the end. The reason is very simple, it generates rejection and there is a high probability of abandonment. Because, if you ask for data at the beginning, and then the user has to answer endless questions, there are many options to abandon without completing it.
In addition, when activating the option 'Quiz with points for right answers', the following options will appear:
- Feedback message after answering. It will indicate to the user whether he/she got it right or not.
- When a user answers a question, the next one will be displayed automatically. This option makes the quiz more agile because users will not have to click "Next" to move to the next question. However, if in your quiz you want to indicate right after the user marks his answer, which is the correct answer and why do not check this option.
- Display quiz step numbers.
- A number of random questions. If you want the participants to answer a number of questions that the application will choose randomly among those you configure in this section, indicate how many random questions will be asked to each participant in this section.
'Entries page' tab
- Display participants' own scores. Participants will be able to see what is the total number of points they have earned by answering your questionnaire.
- Display a public page with the summary of answers chosen by all participants.
- Show user answers to everyone (public).
- When participants submit their answers, they will see a summary of the answers of all participants. This option appears only in a points-based quiz. Once the participant submits his/her participation with the chosen answers, he/she will see a page with a summary indicating which answers have been chosen by the other participants.
Next, you will have to add and customize the quiz questions. Type the question in the corresponding field. If you wish, you can add a description. And if it is mandatory to answer that question, check the option.
In the 'Answers' tab, you will have to configure the answer options. Select the option 'Single answer multiple choice'. You must write the answer options and assign them a score'. Leave it at 0 if it is an incorrect answer, or assign at least 1 point if it is a correct answer. You will be able to assign more points to the more difficult questions.
2.2.3. Other settings.
In the 'Advanced' tab, which appears when you add a question, you can customize and enable other options:
- Answers to this question will be public (visible to everyone). Enabling this field will show everyone the answers marked as public.
- Display this question in the summary page of answers given by participants. If you do not want to include this answer in the summary, uncheck this option.
- Random order of the answers. The order of the answers will not be the same.
- Time limit (in seconds) to answer the question. If you also want to have a time limit for answering the questionnaire, see the tutorial: How to set up your campaign with a time limit for answering a question or completing the quiz.
- This question will only be displayed on certain dates. If you are creating a staged quiz or simply want certain questions to appear in the participation form only on certain dates, you can configure it in this section.
In the 'Design' tab, which appears when you add a question, you can customize and configure other options:
- The image accompanying the question: Size: 628 x 353 px.
- Background image for each question: you can add a background image for each question in the quiz. Size: 810 px x unlimited height.
Below, you can see an example of how a trivia form would be displayed, with single answers multiple-choice to choose from and a GIF accompanying the question, as well as time to answer.
2.3. Other settings.
2.3.1. Final screens.
To start customizing the final screen, go to the 'Final Screen' section of the campaign editor.
You will be able to configure:
- A default screen for all participants.
- Customized screens according to the points obtained in the quiz.
To configure the final screens, see the tutorial on How to configure the 'Thank you' page or result screens.
2.3.2. Winner selection.
If your trivia is linked to sweepstakes, once the participation period has ended, you will be able to start the selection.
To select winners, you can consult the tutorial on How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other specifications.
You can also create a personality quiz with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Related content.