Cool Tabs allows you to create a campaign to draw prizes randomly and instantly, through the Instant Win sweepstakes, also known as the winning moment.
Once participants have completed a registration form, they’ll find out if they’ve won. In this way, the selection of winners will be automatic. They will not have to wait for a certain date and time to know the result of the sweepstakes.
In the Instant Win campaigns, you can program your prizes in date and time. If there are many prizes to be distributed, the platform will be in charge of distributing them between the dates you determine.
2. Ideas and examples.
With this type of mechanics, the possibilities are endless. Setting up an Instant Win campaign is very practical when you want to distribute many prizes, either during a short period or in an action that extends over time.
It is also very common for instant win campaigns to be linked to other types of campaigns, such as:
- Spin the Wheel: How to create a Spin the Wheel campaign to give out instant prizes.
- Scratch & Win: How to create a Scratch & Win campaign to give out instant prizes.
- Jackpot: How to create a Jackpot campaign to give out instant prizes.
- Code validation: How to create a campaign to validate promotional codes.
3. Step by step.
3.1. Create the campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at email@example.com.
3.2. Configure the Instant Wins.
After completing the first sections of your campaign, go to the 'Instant Wins' section to configure the instant wins. These are the winning moments in which you will deliver your prizes.
Check the 'Select winners with Instant Win' option. When you do so, new configuration options will be displayed.
In this tab, you will find different functionalities that aim to control the distribution of prizes and prevent certain users from winning.
- Forbid any user to win more than one Instant Win in this campaign. Choose this option in case you want the participants who have won, cannot to win again.
- Forbid any user who has previously won an Instant Win in any of your campaigns to win any new Instant Wins in this campaign.
- You can edit the list of blocked users in your campaigns here.
- Exclude some emails when assigning Instant Win. Users with the emails you include will be able to participate normally, but will not be eligible to win an Instant Win prize. You can use this option to exclude entire domains (e.g. all your company emails).
- Instant Wins must be reviewed before notifying the participants. Activating this option, the user will see a message that they have won an Instant Win, but his/her participation will be reviewed by the administrator.
- The message will be displayed to the winning participants. You can include text, images, or HTML for the Instant Win winners. In case you want to configure a different final screen for each winner or prize type, you must do it from the individual Instant Wins management tab, as we will explain below. Then, in the 'Final Screen' section, you will be able to set a message and a default image for all participants who are not winners. We will explain how to set this up below.
- Content for moderated winners. If you have checked the option to moderate Instant Wins, you can include a personalized message.
In this tab, you will be able to enable the option to distribute Instant Win prizes according to the origin of the participants that arrive at the campaign. This origin will be determined by the UTM parameters of the URL of your campaign.
In this way, you will be able to assign some prizes or others depending on the medium or source from which the participant arrives. For example, you can give out prizes only to those who arrive through your newsletter or a specific prize or discount to those who arrive from your app.
If you want to configure the distribution of instant win based on UTM parameters, see the tutorial: How to distribute Instant Win prizes based on the origin of the participants.
Instant Wins List tab
In 'Individual Instant Winners Management' is where you have to configure and customize each of the instant wins or winning moments. Here's how to do it.
3.2.1. Individual Instant Winners management.
The individual management of instant wins allows you to configure different winning moments and choose the date and time when these prizes will be distributed.
1) Click on the 'Individual Instant Winners Management' button.
2) Then click on the 'Add winner' button. Add as many new winner screens as the types of prizes you are going to give away. If you are going to draw the same prize several times, you don't need to create them all. You can then duplicate them as many times as you need.
3) Complete the information for each Instant Win.
Instant Win details
- Give a private name to that instant win, to identify it internally.
- Select the date/time when it will be released. The first user to participate after that date/time will win. If you leave it blank, the tool will choose the date/time randomly.
When configuring an Instant Win campaign, you can limit the option to win a certain prize to the participant meeting certain conditions. It will only appear in campaigns where certain conditions or restrictions have been activated:
- Restriction by a single region or zip code. This restriction allows a user not to win an instant win if he/she does not participate from the region or postal code you determine in the campaign settings. See the tutorial How to restrict the distribution of Instant Wins by region or postal code.
- Restriction by quiz answers. Your Instant Win campaign can be linked to a quiz by points or by categories. Thus, you can make the possibility of winning an Instant Win based on the answers (category or points obtained) that the participant has marked in the quiz (or on the points obtained in gamification). See the tutorial How to distribute Instant Win prizes based on the answers chosen by the participants.
- Restriction by UTM parameters. You can assign some prizes or others depending on where the participants arrive from. This will be determined by the UTM parameters that you configure in the campaign URL. This restriction will allow you, for example, to give prizes only to those who arrive through your newsletter or a specific prize or discount to those who arrive from your app. See the tutorial How to distribute Instant Win prizes depending on the origin of the participants.
If your campaign is conditioned by any of the above-mentioned assumptions, you can determine in the 'Conditions/restrictions' section:
- The minimum and maximum score that participants must obtain in the quiz or gamification.
- The category of answer they have to obtain in the quiz
- The region or zip code from which they must participate
- The UTM parameter (campaign, source, media...) from which they must arrive
In Instant Win campaigns, it is possible to distribute discount codes in addition to the Instant Win prize distribution.
If you want to set up an Instant Win campaign with coupon/coupon distribution, see the tutorial How to distribute coupons/discount codes in an Instant Win campaign.
- Write a public title for that winner. This is the text that will appear above the winner's name.
- Include a creative and/or message that will be shown to the winner.
Below, you can see an example of the final screen that will be shown to the winner of the Instant Win.
When you have finished customizing each Instant Win, save the settings.
3.3. Duplicate Instant Wins.
If you are going to give out the same prize several times, you have the possibility to make multiple copies of existing winning moments, without the need to manually create them one by one.
For example, if you are going to raffle 10 T-shirts and 50 balls, you only have to create one instant win for the T-shirt prize and another instant win for the ball. Once created, with the 'Duplicate' function, the remaining 9 instant wins will be generated, corresponding to the T-shirt prize, and the other 49, corresponding to the ball prize.
To duplicate prizes that you are going to give out, go to 'Individual Instant Winners Management' and click on the 'Make a Copy' icon of the Instant Win you want to duplicate.
Choose a start and end date on which the copies to be created will be distributed and the number of duplicates you need. You can also set the prizes not to be assigned within a certain range of hours.
Finally, click on the 'Duplicate' button.
Note that if you want to modify the creativity or the message of an instant win, you can only edit it from the original instant win. Afterward, the changes will be applied to the copies as well. You will be able to edit each duplicate to modify the date/time.
4. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up an Instant Win campaign.
You can also create your campaign with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Related content.