The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, allow you to distribute prizes randomly and instantly, during the phases of your campaign.
In the Instant Win campaigns, you can program your prizes in date and time. If there are many prizes to be distributed, the platform will be in charge of distributing them between the dates you determine. In this way, the selection of winners will be automatic. Users will know at the moment they participate whether they have won a prize. They will not have to wait for a certain date and time to know the result of the sweepstakes.
Participants will be able to participate in the campaign by logging in with their Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google and/or, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account or anonymously (with their email).
2. Ideas and examples.
With this type of mechanics, the possibilities are endless. Setting up an Instant Win campaign is very practical when you want to distribute many prizes, either during a short period or in an action that extends over time.
It is also very common for this type of campaign to be linked to other mechanics, such as prize roulette or code validation.
3. Step by step.
3.1. Create your campaign.
You must fill in the first sections of your campaign.
- Register: how the user will be able to participate. With their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account, or anonymously (email).
- Basic data: where you want users to go when they click on the URL of your campaign, languages…
- Design: main image, background image, font, colors…
- Start and end dates: dates on which the campaign will be visible.
- Participations: date on which users will be able to participate and the number of times they will be able to do so.
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll also leave you with these tutorials, in which we explain what you can include in each section in greater detail:
3.2. Configure the Instant Wins.
After completing the first sections of your campaign. Go to the 'Instant Wins' section to configure the instant wins. These are the winning moments in which you will deliver your prizes.
Mark the option "Automatic selection of with Instant Wins", then several fields will be displayed:
- When choosing winners with Instant Win we will exclude participants who have already won before. Choose this option in case we want the participants who have won, cannot to win again.
- When choosing winners with Instant Win we will exclude participants who have already won before in any of your campaigns. You can check the list of blocked previous winners here.
- When choosing winners with Instant Win we will exclude participants who have been included in your blacklist of banned emails or nicks. You can edit the list of blocked users in your campaigns here.
- Exclude some emails when assigning Instant Win. Users with these emails can participate normally, but will never get an Instant Win reward.
- Instant Wins must be reviewed before notifying the participants. Activating this option, the user will see a message that they have won an Instant Win, but his participation must be reviewed by an administrator.
In the 'Content' tab of the 'Instant Win' section, you can configure and customize:
- The message will be displayed to winning participants. You can include text, images or HTML for the Instant Win winners. In case you want to configure a different final screen for each winner or prize type, you must do it from the individual Instant Wins management tab, as we will explain below. Then, in the 'Final Screen' section, you will be able to set a message and a default image for all participants who are not winners. We will explain how to set this up below.
- Content for moderated winners. If you have checked the option to moderate Instant Wins, you can include a personalized message.
3.2.1. Individual management of Instant Wins.
The individual management of instant wins allows you to configure different winning moments and choose the date and time when these prizes will be distributed. If you are going to distribute a lot of prizes, or you do not want to have to select a date and time, you only have to leave this field blank and the tool will distribute them randomly.
You must configure each instant win from the 'Individual Instant Wins management tab.
Add as many new winner screens as types of prizes you are going to give away. If you draw several units of different prizes, you don't need to create them all. You can then duplicate them as many times as you need.
Configure each instant win.
Instant Win details
Give a private name to that instant win, to identify it internally.
Select date/time when it will be released. The first user to participate after that date/time will win. If you leave it blank, the tool will choose date/time randomly.
Your Instant Win campaign can be linked to a points-based or category-based quiz or gamification. If this is the case, you can link the possibility of winning an Instant Win to the result or points obtained by the participant in the quiz or gamification.
In the "Conditions/Restrictions" section, you can determine the minimum and maximum score that participants must obtain in order to win this instant win or the category of answer they had to obtain.
If you are going to set up a Scratch & Win with coupon/code distribution, the usual procedure is to activate their distribution from the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition and enter the coupon codes. From there, you can set it up so that they are only awarded to winners of an Instant Win.
In these types of campaigns that involve giving out codes/coupons, you must take into account several aspects:
1) By activating the distribution of coupons in the campaign, the option to customize coupons will be enabled in each Instant Win that you configure. This will allow you to give the winner of an Instant Win a specific coupon. In addition, you can include a creative for the discount coupon page, which will be shown to the winner of this Instant Win. Take advantage of this field to provide instructions on how to use it.
2) The Instant Win coupon (individual Instant Win screen) will be chosen over the general coupon uploaded in the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition. Both options can coexist. Let's take a look at an example. We have a campaign in which we are going to give out three types of codes through Instant Wins:
- The first are 10% discount codes and we make 500 copies. We upload the codes to the campaign ("Coupons" section). In this case, we will not activate the custom coupon on the customized screen for this Instant Win.
- The second are 25% discount codes and we make 2 copies. Here we will active "Assign a Custom Coupon" from the Instant Win's customized screen and assign the specific coupon.
- The third is a single 50% discount code. Again, we will activate "Assign a Coupon" from the Instant Win settings and assign the coupon that will be given to this winner.
3) You only have to activate the coupon delivery on the individual screen of an Instant Win if you want to give out a coupon other than those already on the campaign list. That means that if from the beginning, you set up the "Coupons" section so that codes are given out only to the winners of an Instant Win, you will not need to customize the coupons in each Instant Win.
Thus, in the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition, you will have to check off that it be given out "only to users who win an Instant Win".
And in the customization of the Instant Wins screen, select "Don't assign any discount code".
Write a public title for that winner. This is the text that will appear above the winner's name.
Include a creative and/or message that will be shown to the winner.
3.3. Duplicate Instant Wins.
If you are going to give out the same prize several times, you have the option of making multiple copies of existing winning moments, without having to manually create them one by one.
To duplicate prizes that you are going to give out, go to "Management of Individual Instant Wins" and click on the "Make a Copy" icon of the Instant Win you want to duplicate.
Choose a start and end date on which the copies to be created will be distributed and the number of duplicates you need. You can also set the prizes not to be assigned within a certain range of hours.
Finally, click on duplicate.
Note that if you want to modify the creativity or the message of an instant win, you can only edit it from the original instant win. Afterwards, the changes will be applied to the copies as well. You will be able to edit each duplicate to modify date/time.
3.4. Configure the final screen.
In the 'Final Screen' section you can customize the message that will be displayed to all non-winners.
If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, if you wish, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
You have the possibility to set up a final screen with a "scratchable" image to generate a Scratch & Win game, where the participant has to scratch over the image to find out if there is a prize underneath or not.
In the tutorial How to create a Scratch & Win campaign with instant winners, we explain how to set it up.
3.5. Options to restrict Instant Wins.
It is possible to restrict those winning moments, for example, to prevent participants who aren't located in the geographical scope of the contest from being able to participate.
- Restrict by a region: to configure this option, activate the "Province/Region" option in the "Form" section and select "Do not allow participation from these provinces".
Once you have selected it, click on "Save and Edit". Then go back to the "Management of Individual Instant Wins" and edit the original Instant Wins.
When activating the Province field in the form, in the edition of the Instant Win, the option to restrict winners from a province will have been activated. Participants who put another province on the form will not be able to win.
- Restrict by zip code: activate the option to ask for the zip code in the "Form" section. Once this has been done, save the campaign and go to "Management of Individual Instant Wins". Once inside, you can restrict by zip codes. This means that prizes are only assigned to those who meet these conditions. You can put the generic zip code of a province, for example, 28% for Madrid, or a specific zip code, such as 28045.
- Restrict by quiz answers.
3.6. Other configurations.
3.6.1. Legal conditions.
You can copy and paste the text, and attach a downloadable PDF or Word file.
You have additional checkboxes for commercial communications, social profiling, as well as others that you need to add.
3.6.2. Go viral section.
Finally, we recommend that you complete the fields in the 'Go viral' section so that users can share your game on social networks.
3. Other specifications.
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
4. Related content.