Cool Tabs allows you to create a campaign based on the classic ‘Wheel of Fortune’, fully customized, where you give out instant prizes to your users in a fun way. Participants will have to access the campaign, complete the registration form, and automatically know whether they have won or not.
You can determine the number of prizes to be won, set the date and time when they will be distributed, and the number of times each user can try their luck.
In addition, this campaign allows you to add and customize an entry form, with the data you want to collect from the participants (name, surname, email, address, telephone number, ID number...).
You will be able to generate virality and brand image, encourage purchases, build customer loyalty and attract users and capture leads.
2. Ideas and Examples.
The Prize Wheel is compatible with other mechanics such as personality tests, multiple choice quizzes, Instant Wins, or code validations. Therefore, with this type of campaign, the possibilities for your contest or promotion are endless. Here are some examples to give you ideas for campaigns with the Lucky Wheel:
- Lucky Wheel in which Instant Win prizes are given out and the participant has a random chance of winning or not.
- Personalized Prize Wheel, with as many prizes as you want to give out, and in which users who lose also receive a consolation prize, a discount on the final screen for non-winners. You can configure the sections you need for your wheel.
- Wheel associated with a personality test. Depending on the answers that the users have chosen on the test, the Wheel will show different results.
- Wheel associated with a quiz based on points or right answers. Depending on the number of points the user gets, the Lucky Wheel will show them one section or another.
- Wheel with code validations in which, in order to participate, users have to fill in a form with their information and enter a code that has previously been given to them, for example, on a purchase receipt.
- Wheel embedded via a pop-up in e-commerce, in which discounts and other prizes are given out such as free shipping, 2x1... The objective is to incentivize purchases among users who reach the website.
3. Step by Step.
3.1. Create the campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2. Set up the Lucky Wheel.
Once inside the campaign's editor, go to the 'Gamifications' section and click on set up the Lucky Wheel.
3.2.1. Lucky Wheel sections.
The next step is to add the sections. These sections will be the fields that will be chosen by the Lucky Roulette selector.
Within each section, you must fill in the following points:
- Public name: this name will be the one that appears in the section you've configured.
- Internal name: this is the name that will help you identify each section.
- Appearances: number of times this section will appear on the lucky wheel.
- Text color and background color.
- Image (optional). You have the option to add an image, which will be the one that'll appear in the section. The images for the sections have to be a specific size so that they fit into the section and are displayed correctly.
Images for the Wheel sections
If you choose to include images for each section, you have to remember that the images must be created specifically based on the number of sections the Wheel will have.
Taking into account that the circumference is generated with a radius of 368 px, the design of the circumference shouldn't exceed 736 px in width and height.
Once designed with the total number of sections, each of them must be exported independently, with the vertex pointing up.
3.2.2. Other configurations.
In addition to the sections, you must select which section you want to be shown by default to the user. If it's an Instant Win campaign, you must always select the "non-winner" section.
Finally, determine when the roulette will be displayed.
a) Display the wheel before the data form.
This option will show the roulette wheel, in the background, before and while the user is filling in his/her data. Once completed, the thank you screen will appear with the result.
Note that, by default, the roulette wheel is shown in motion. However, you have the option to display a button that activates the wheel and starts it spinning. When the participant clicks on the button, the form will be displayed. The wheel will start spinning while the user is filling in his/her data.
To activate this button, check the checkbox '
In addition, this configuration allows you to include content (text and/or images), as a landing of the roulette. To include content in this screen, you only have to fill in the Description field.
Below, you can see how the 'TRY YOUR LUCK' button and a description will be displayed on the screen.
b) Display the wheel on the final screen.
If you only check this box, the roulette wheel will only be shown on the final or thank you screen, where the participant sees the result. In this way, while the user is filling in the data form, he/she will not be able to see the roulette wheel. Once completed, the roulette result will be displayed.
Fortune wheel frame and arrow colors
In addition, within the 'Design' section, you can configure other aspects.
- Fortune wheel's exterior border, arrow and decoration color
- Fortune wheel's border background color
Finally, select the type of design your roulette will have: classic or minimalist.
When you are ready, go back to the campaign edition.
Depending on the type of lucky wheel (linked to instant prize distribution, to a personality quiz, or to a knowledge quiz), you will continue with one configuration or another. As we mentioned in the ideas and examples section of this tutorial, these dynamics can be:
- A lucky wheel based on an Instant Win. The user will know instantly if he is a winner or not.
- A lucky wheel with a personality test. In this case, the user will have to answer some quiz questions and will be assigned a category.
- A lucky wheel with a quiz based on points or hits. In this case, the user will have to answer quiz questions and will be assigned a final score.
3.3. Set up a Lucky Wheel with Instant Win.
To create your Instant Wins, you must first set up the wheel. To manage and set up the individual Instant Wins (prizes that you are going to give out), you will need to have defined the sections that the wheel will have in order to assign each Instant Win.
1) Go to the 'Instant Wins' section of the campaign editor
2) Enable the check 'Select winners with Instant Win'.
3) Click on the 'Individual Instant Winners Management' button.
In the settings for each Instant Win, you can assign them a section of your wheel.
To configure the Instant Wins, we recommend you consult the following tutorial: How to create an Instant Win campaign.
Once the Instant Wins have been defined and associated with the corresponding section of the wheel, all you have to do is save this section and set up the final screen.
3.4. Set up the Lucky Wheel with a Personality Test.
You also have the option of configuring a personality test where the result is shown through a Prize Wheel. After configuring the Lucky Wheel, you will have to configure the quiz.
1) Go to the "Quiz" section to set up the questions and assign categories to each answer. Thus, depending on the answers the user chooses, a category will be assigned to them along with a result.
If you need help setting up the quiz, you can refer to the tutorial How to create a Personality Test.
2) Once the quiz has been configured, go to the "Final screen" section to define the category that will be assigned to each final screen.
3) Within Individual final screen management, set up each final screen and assign a category to each one. Don't forget to define the section that it will occupy in the Lucky Wheel. This way, if a user answers the questions in the quiz and is assigned a certain category, it will be shown on the final screen with the wheel.
When you've finished, save the campaign.
3.5. Set up the Lucky Wheel with a quiz based on points.
There is also the option of creating a quiz based on points or right answers, with the result being shown through a Lucky Wheel. After configuring the roulette wheel, you will have to configure the quiz with points.
1) go to the 'Quiz' section to set up the questions and answers, and assign a score to each of them.
If you need help setting up the quiz, you can refer to the tutorial on How to create a trivia or knowledge quiz.
2) Once the score for each of the answers has been defined, go to the 'Final screen' section > Manage individual final screens.
Within this section, you'll have to set up the final screens and, on each one of them, define the points and the corresponding section of the Lucky Wheel.
Once you have defined the wheel, the questions and answers, and the final screens, save the campaign.
3.6. Set up your Lucky Wheel with code validation.
Another option when creating a wheel is to associate it with an Instant Win campaign with the validation of codes that you need to have previously given out among your customers. These codes can be the same for each customer or they can be personalized codes.
Only users who fill in the data form and enter the code to validate it will be able to participate in the campaign.
To set up code validation:
1) Go to the 'Validations' section of the campaign editor and activate the option 'Enable coupons or code validations'.
2) Add the codes that the application must validate when users enter them while participating. You can upload up to 15,000 codes yourself for free. Add the codes in an Excel or CSV file.
If you have given out repeat codes, activate "Reuse of codes", so that the same code can be used by different participants.
In this case, the wheel is also associated with Instant Wins, which you need to have already set up, as indicated in section 5.3 of this tutorial. However, there is one more possibility, which is to have both winning and non-winning codes. You can set up a campaign in which, in order to participate, the user has to enter a code, and this may or may not be linked to a prize.
After uploading the codes, you must set up the final screens for winners and non-winners.
1) Go to the 'Final Screen' section to customize the message that will appear, by default, to users who enter a non-winning code.
2) Configure the screens that winners will see, in 'Final Screen' > 'Manage individual final screens'. You will have to add as many screens as types of prizes you are going to give out, as well as indicate which codes the participants must enter to see the specific screen and link it to a section of the roulette wheel.
To see in more detail how to set up a campaign with winning codes, see this tutorial.
Do not forget to save all the changes.
3.7. How to publish the Lucky Wheel.
Next, we'll show you all the options available to you when publishing a campaign with Cool Tabs. You can use whichever options you'd like.
3.7.1. On a microsite.
All the campaigns created within the platform are accompanied by a unique URL, which you can share on any social channel you want (Instagram bio or stories, Facebook fan page, WhatsApp, LinkedIn...).
Through this link, the user will access the campaign and can participate from the microsite. It's also compatible with mobile.
3.7.2. Embedded in a website.
In Cool Tabs, any campaign can be embedded in a web page, blog or microsite, with the content widget we provide you. There are two ways to embed a campaign:
- Embedded in the body text of a website. You only have to copy the content widget, with the HTML code, to display it.
- Through a pop-up. You can show the wheel through a pop-up window, which will appear in the area of the screen you want. It can be displayed automatically or displayed when the user clicks on a button.
Once you've created and saved your campaign, you can publish it. Go to the main page, where the list of your campaigns appears. Click on the icon of the campaign you are going to publish. In this case, your wheel. Then click on "Publish". There you'll find all the publishing options.
4. Other Specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a Spin the Wheel.
You can also create your campaign with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
5. Content Related.