With Cool Tabs, you can create a referral contest in which participants, in order to win or have more chances to win, have to recruit friends to participate.
You can make a random drawing among all participants or only among those who have achieved a certain number of referrals. The more friends they refer, the more chances they have to win.
This type of contest will allow you to generate virality and increase the number of leads captured.
Next, we are going to show you how a referral contest works with our Referral Contest Demo as an example.
1) The user accesses the campaign landing page and participates. In this case, in order to participate, he/she must select, from the options presented, what type of festival-goer he/she is and complete a data form.
2) When the user completes his/her participation, on the final screen, is informed and encouraged to share the participation.
3) The participant will have to click on the 'Share' button to display the modal with the sharing options that you, as the campaign administrator, have configured.
4) He/she will share the campaign, for example, on WhatsApp.
5) The participant's friends will have to open this link, which will take him/her to the campaign landing page, and fill in the form to participate. From a cookie, when they complete their participation, we will identify who they are referred by.
3. Step by step.
3.1. Create the campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2. Configure the participation.
The most interesting aspect of this type of campaign, in which users spread the word about the contest, is to make the list of participants visible. In this way, users will see in which position of the referral ranking are they.
To enable the list of participants:
1) Go to the 'Participations' section and click on the 'Entries List' tab.
2) Activate the checkbox 'Enable public participation'. This page will be visible to everyone. Participants will be displayed with their names and avatar.
You can also enable an individual page for each participant, where more data will be displayed.
3) Determine the number of participants you want to be displayed per page.
4) Check the option to sort the participants by the number of referrals. This will display the ranking of participants, based on the number of friends they have recruited.
In addition, you can choose whether you want to enable links to display an order based on other criteria (date, score...).
Below, you can see an example of a list of participants in a referral contest.
3.3. Other configurations.
3.3.1. Winner selection.
Once the contest participation period is over, you will be able to select the winners.
To start the selection, you can consult the tutorial: How to select Winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
In a referral contest, you can select a winner among all the participants, among those who have achieved a minimum of referrals, or only among those who have recruited more friends.
- Choose winners among all the participants: you only have to fill in the fields of the initial date and the final date. Leave the rest of the options empty and click on filter.
- Choose winners among the N participants with the most referrals: fill in the start and end date fields. Then check the option 'Choose from TOP participants'. The draw will take place, at random, among the N participants who have recruited more friends to participate.
- Choose winners among the participants who have achieved a minimum of referrals: complete the start and final date fields. Then check the 'Filter by conditions' option and determine the number of referrals that at least one participant had to get to enter the draw. In addition, you can give extra participation for referrals.
We advise you not to reward only the participant with the highest number of referrals. This condition for becoming the winner of your campaign can lead to bad practices by some participants, which can jeopardize your contest.
4. Other specifications.
We remind you that a referred participation is one that comes from another participant, through the link of the campaign that this one has shared. To count participation as a referral, the user must complete his or her participation. Otherwise, it will not count as a referral.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a referral contest.
You can also create your campaign with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
5. Related content.