Are you going to set up your first Cool Tabs campaign? In this tutorial, we will explain how to configure the basic sections of your campaign, as well as other settings that we recommend you enable, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
Before getting down to action, we remind you that the Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications (without the Cool Tabs watermark), included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to create interactive content campaigns.
Check out the features and functionalities of our plans.
Some of the mechanics you can create are Photo Contests, Video Contests, Quizzes, Questionnaires, Surveys, Spin the Wheel, Code Validation or Coupon Delivery campaigns, Gamification...
2. Step by step.
2.1. Login to Cool Tabs.
Login to your Cool Tabs account.
If you have not registered yet, create your account.
2.2. Create the campaign.
1) Once inside the control panel, create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button.
If this is the first time you are using the platform, you will directly see the application catalog.
3) Select the Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label application.
4) To create your campaign, you can use one of our pre-configured templates or start setting it up from scratch.
Use a template
This option allows you to select from the list of 'Public Templates' the one that suits the mechanics you want to generate. Starting from a template will allow you to save time in setting up your campaign.
See the tutorial on How to use or generate a campaign template with our templates.
Once you have selected the template, you will be able to edit it, to customize the content and the design, following the steps we indicate in this tutorial.
Start from scratch
If you decide to start from scratch, you must fill in some basic data:
- Name: this is the name of the campaign so that you can identify it internally among the list of campaigns in the control panel. Users will not see it. Example: Christmas Photo Contest 2022
- Domain: by default, the campaign will be hosted on the domain we provide you with. If you want it to be displayed on one of your domains (the custom domain option is available from the Diamond plan onwards), please contact us.
- Time zone
- Default language (in Cool Promo White Label campaigns, you can configure multi-language).
2.3. Configure the basic settings.
Next, you must complete the basic sections. These are common to any type of campaign, regardless of the mechanics you want to generate.
Determine how the users who are going to participate will access the campaign.
Currently, you can enable registration with a social login: Facebook, Twitch, TikTok, Spotify, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google/Gmail, Yahoo, and Microsoft/Hotmail.
You can also enable anonymous login. This allows participants to register by completing the form data, without having to use any social network.
Enable the options you want.
If you do not want to capture leads from participants, and you are not going to enable the data form, leave the registration options unchecked.
2.3.2. Basic data.
1) Decide where you want users to go when they click on the campaign URL.
By default, your campaign will be hosted on the microsite we provide when you create it. Once you set up your campaign, you will get the URL to publish it.
2) Define what will be the first screen that users will see. Usually, the landing page is usually shown as the first page, but you can set it to be the data form.
3) In the 'Languages' tab, select the language of the campaign.
The generic texts of the campaign are displayed, by default, in the language that the participant has configured on his/her computer, but you can set them to be displayed in one of the following languages: Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Galician, English, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Bulgarian, Czech, Greek, Croatian, Polish, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Romanian, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Arabic.
In addition, in White Label campaigns, you can set up a multi-language in your campaign, which allows you to display it in different languages at the same time.
See the tutorial on How to set up a multi-language campaign.
In this section, you configure the landing page and the aspects related to the appearance of the campaign: main image, background image, descriptive text, font, colors...
You can use the options we give you by default:
1) Include a title and a description. You can also prepare a creative that includes text and upload it as the main image.
2) Upload a main image and a background image (and a background image for mobile).
3) Set the colors and font type.
In addition, you can include your own HTML or opt for further customization with our advanced settings.
We explain in detail how to configure the design of a campaign in the tutorial How to design your Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label campaign.
To know the sizes that the images of your campaign should have, see the tutorial Basic materials to customize a campaign.
In this section, you must indicate the period of time in which your campaign will be visible.
- Time zone. It is important to set the time zone correctly because all the dates you enter below will be configured based on it.
- Campaign start date. This is the date from which it will be visible. If you publish the campaign before this date, as it has not started yet, we will show the generic message 'No active campaigns'*.
- Campaign end date. This is the date after which the campaign will no longer be visible. After this date, we will show the generic message 'No active campaign'*.
*You can modify these messages, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Design' section, including a creative for before the campaign begins and ends.
1) In the 'Dates' tab, determine the period of time in which users will be able to participate. In general, the dates of participation usually coincide with the start and end dates of the campaign.
2) In the 'Restrictions' tab, set the number of times each user can participate.
- Just one
- A specific number of times: determine how many times.
- As many times as they want: there will be no limit to the number of participations per user.
- Once or several times, in each time period (phases), that you define: if you choose this option, define how many hours each phase of the campaign will last (1 day = 24 hours, 1 week = 168 hours, etc.) and the number of times a user will be able to participate in each phase. Within this section, you will also have to indicate whether there will be winners in each phase. To configure the phases of your campaign, you can refer to the tutorial on How to create a campaign with phases or stages.
3) By default, the list of participations is private. However, in campaigns such as, for example, UGC contests, in which a voting period is opened so that the rest of the users can vote on the contents uploaded by the participants, you can make it public.
You can enable this in the 'Entries List' tab. See the tutorial on How to display a public list or ranking of participants, to finish configuring it.
2.3.6. Final screen.
From the 'Final Screen' section, customize the message that the participant will see after participating.
You can configure:
- The same screen for all participants.
- Different screens according to the points obtained in a quiz or game, according to the category obtained in a personality quiz, or according to the code entered in the form.
For more information, see the tutorial on How to set up the final or result screens.
2.3.7. Entry form.
In the 'Entry form' section of your campaign edition, you must customize the fields of the registration form that users will have to fill in to complete their participation. You can activate as many as you want.
1. The user must provide his/her email
- The user must confirm his/her email address by writing it twice: not only can you ask the user for his/her email address, but you can also ask to confirm it twice.
- Verify the email with a validation email. With this option, you can prevent users from participating in the campaign with a fake or unused email. See how to activate the validation of the participants' email after participating.
2. The user must give his/her name and surname
3. The user must fill in his/her date of birth
4. The user must fill in his/her gender. A selector is displayed with the options: Male / Female / Other / Undisclosed.
5. The user must fill in his/her identity document
6. The user must give his/her IBAN
7. The user must provide his/her phone number
8. The user must fill in his/her address
9. The user must fill in his/her postal code
10. The user must fill in his/her city
11. The user has to fill in his/her region
- Display a drop-down of Spanish regions. If you enable this option, you will be able to exclude or limit participation from certain Spanish regions.
12. The user must fill in his/her country
If you need to add additional fields or any questions to the data form, you can include them in the 'Entry custom form' section.
Although, by default, the fields are shown in the entry form in the order in which they appear when configured, you can reorder them according to your needs.
See the tutorial on How to reorder the data entry form fields.
2.4. Other settings.
In addition to the basic settings of a campaign, we recommend that you configure other sections, in order to ensure its proper functioning and achieve a greater reach.
2.4.1. Legal terms.
Every lead generation campaign should include a section of terms and conditions, in order to provide transparency and legitimacy to the action to be published, and in compliance with the GDPR.
In the 'General configuration' tab of the 'Legal conditions' section, enable the option 'Add your own terms and conditions'. Copy and paste your text, and/or attach a downloadable PDF or Word file.
Participants will have access to the legal bases text on the data form screen.
You can also configure:
- Show the legal bases as a link on the landing page. Please note that this option is not compatible if the legal conditions are attached as a downloadable file (PDF/Word).
- Make it mandatory for the participant to view the legal terms and conditions before checking the acceptance checkbox.
- Show a text above the list of checkboxes.
In addition, you can enable and customize additional checkboxes for the participant to accept:
- Receive commercial communications.
- Create a social profile
- Receive information from third parties
- Other settings:
In the 'Advanced' tab, you can group different legal options checkboxes that you have configured in the 'General configuration' tab.
2.4.2. Go viral.
It is advisable to complete and customize the section related to sharing on social networks, to encourage and facilitate the campaign to reach more users. In this way, participants, at the end of their participation, will be able to share it on the channels you configure (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp...).
Activate the options to display share buttons and customize texts that will be displayed on social networks when participants share the campaign or their participation.
See the tutorial on How to customize mentions to be shared on social networks.
2.5. Configure the mechanic of your campaign.
Next, you must continue with the configuration of the specific mechanic of your campaign.
- How to create a Memory Card game
- How to create a Matching Card game
- How to create a Runner game
- How to create an online Puzzle game
- How to create a Spot the Differences game
- How to create a Pop it game, bubble shooter style
- How to create a Hidden Object game
- How to create a Hangman game
- How to create an Instant Win campaign
- How to create a Scratch & Win campaign
- How to create a Spin the Wheel campaign
- How to create a Jackpot campaign
- How to create a trivia quiz or knowledge Quiz
- How to create a Personality Test
- How to create a Survey
- How to create a Quiz or Survey with Swipe answers
- How to create Predictions or Betting Pool
- How to create a Photo Contest
- How to create a Photo Contest on Instagram
- How to create a Video Contest
- How to create a Writing Contest
- How to create a Referral Contest
- How to create a TikTok Contest
- How to create a Twitch Contest
- How to create a campaign to Give Discount Vouchers
- How to create a campaign to Validate Promotional Codes
- How to create a voting contest based on 'Pick your favorite' concept
3. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up an interactive content campaign.
You can also create your campaign with the free trial, which allows you to try any of our plans for 7 days for free.
If you have any doubts or questions during the setup process of your campaign, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Related content.