With Cool Tabs, you can create a video contest in which, to participate, users have to upload a video and, in addition, complete a data form.
You will be able to configure it so that users upload the URL of the video from YouTube or Vimeo or upload the video directly from their mobile or other devices.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a video contest.
You can also create your Video Contest with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create the campaign.
2) Create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button.
If this is the first time you are using the platform, you will not see the 'Create campaign' button. You will directly see the app catalog.
3) Select the Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label application, depending on whether you have a Gold or Diamond plan, respectively.
2.2. Configure the campaign.
Complete the first sections of your campaign. These are related to the register, basic data, design, and dates.
Please note that some sections of the campaign edition do not necessarily apply to your campaign (instant wins, viral ranking, coupons...).
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
You can also help yourself in the following tutorials, in which we explain in more detail what you can include in each section:
Determine how the participants have to register for the contest.
You can opt for social login or anonymous login (the participant does not register with a social network, but must complete the form).
2.2.2. Basic data.
- Name: this is the name of your contest so that you can identify it internally in the list of your campaigns.
- Where you want users to access: by default, it will be the microsite that we provide when generating a campaign with Cool Tabs.
In the 'Design' section you can customize everything related to the appearance of the contest: main image, background image, descriptive text, font, colors…
You can use the options we give you by default, include your own HTML, or use the more customized option with our advanced configuration.
We explain this section in more detail in the tutorial How to design your campaign with Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label.
In this section, indicate the start and end dates on which your contest will be visible.
Set the start and end dates of the participation (these usually coincide with the contest start dates).
If you want everyone to be able to see who has participated, in the 'Entries list' tab, check the '' option.
You can also activate the content gallery so that the videos appear in a gallery, instead of one below the other. You can choose the number of columns.
Note that if you are going to allow voting in the contest, the entries will have to be public. This way, users will be able to see the content and vote for their favorite.
In the 'Restrictions' tab, you can determine the number of times a user can participate.
And in 'Advanced', you can enable moderation of entries, so that you can review them before they become visible.
2.2.6. Final screen.
In this section, you can customize, with image, text and/or GIF, the message that will be shown to the user after participating.
Tutorial: How to configure the final screens.
3.2.7. Entry form.
Configure the 'Entry Form' section, with the fields you want the participants to fill in: name, surname, email…
Configure the options to upload a video
Go to the 'Entry form' section, tab 'UGC Campaign (photos, videos...)'. Activate the option 'A video must be uploaded to take part'.
- Check the 'Allow entries with YouTube or Vimeo videos' option, so that users can upload videos with a link to YouTube or Vimeo.
- In case you want this upload to be done by uploading the video from your own device (mobile, tablet...), check the 'The participants will be able to upload their videos from their mobile/computer' checkbox. This upload has an additional cost from the first 50 videos (Available only in Cool Promo White Label campaigns). If you want to set up a video contest with these features, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can enable both options.
Please note that the platform supports videos (.mp4 and .mov) with a maximum size of 100 MB.
Below, you can see an example of how users would see the participation form in a video campaign, with the option of uploading via URL or uploading the video from a device.
2.3. Other configurations.
In video contests, there is usually a period for users to vote for the content uploaded by participants. If this is your case, activate voting in the entries, in the 'Votes' section, and determine the dates on which they can vote and how many times they can vote.
- Remember that you need to enable the public participants' page, as we have explained in the participation section of this tutorial.
- If you have only enabled the anonymous login option in the campaign registration, it is automatically enabled so that the user can vote by giving their email address. They can vote with their Google/Gmail, Yahoo or Microsoft/Hotmail account.
Other options in the voting configuration:
- Limit votes. By default, a user can vote once per each different entry. If you are creating a 'Choose your favorite' mechanic, you may want the users to be able to vote just once in the whole campaign. Or maybe you want to allow them to vote 3 times, to choose their 3 favorite pictures.
- Show to all users who have voted for each entry in the competition (their avatar and name will be displayed).
- Apply the anti-fraud system to voters: under the previous options, you can restrict voting to certain countries, block voters from possible exchange networks, block fraudulent votes, and those votes that come from the same IP for the time you specify.
2.3.2. Legal conditions.
You can include the legal terms of your contest, as well as add additional checkboxes that you need for the processing of participants' personal data for different purposes. For example, the creation of social profiles, the subscription to a newsletter, the acceptance of sending commercial information…
2.3.3. Go viral.
Encourage the viralization of your contest by allowing participants to share the campaign and their participation on social networks. In the 'Go viral' section, add the image, title, and text you want to appear when users share the contest or their participation.
We recommend you customize the messages displayed on social networks after sharing. You can also refer to the tutorial How to customize messages shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
2.3.4. Winner selection.
Once the contest participation period is over, you will be able to select the winners.
To start the selection, you can consult the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other specifications.
The platform supports videos (.mp4 and .mov) of up to 100 MB.
The price of the Diamond plan includes the first 50 videos uploaded by your participants. Once the number of 50 videos is exceeded, you will be able to buy additional packs of 100 videos. Please contact us at email@example.com, so we can send you a quote.
Don't worry because the campaign doesn't stop. We will continue to collect user participation. What happens is that the option to upload videos directly will no longer appear, and will only offer participants the possibility to upload them through video platforms (YouTube / Vimeo).
4. Related content.