With Cool Tabs, you can create a video contest in which, to participate, users have to upload a video and, in addition, complete a data form.
You will be able to configure it so that users upload the URL of the video from YouTube or Vimeo or upload the video directly from their mobile or other devices.
You can enable a public gallery, to show the videos, and activate a voting period, so that the rest of the users can vote for their favorite.
Furthermore, you will be able to select the winner/s among all the participants, among the most voted ones, or designate as the winner the participant who gets the highest number of votes.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create the campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at email@example.com.
2.2. Configure the options to upload a video.
To configure the options to upload videos by participants, go to the 'Entry form' section, 'UGC Campaign (photos, videos, and texts)' tab. Activate the option 'A video must be uploaded to take part'.
The video upload can be done with a URL and uploading the video from a device. You can enable both options.
2.2.1. The participant uploads the video via URL.
Check the options 'Allow entries with YouTube or Vimeo videos' and 'It is required that the user uploads the video', so that users can upload videos with a link to YouTube or Vimeo.
An extra field will be included in the form, where users will be able to enter the URL of the video in order to participate.
Below, you can see an example of how the entry form would be displayed.
2.2.2. The participant uploads the video from a device.
In case you want this upload to be done by uploading the video from a device (mobile, tablet...), enable the 'The participants will be able to upload their videos from their mobile/computer' and 'It is required that the user uploads the video' checkboxes.
This upload has an additional cost from the first 50 videos (Available only in Cool Promo White Label campaigns). If you want to set up a video contest with these features, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the platform supports videos (.mp4 and .mov) with a maximum size of 100 MB.
Here's what the form would look like with the video upload option.
Below, you can see an example of how users would see the participation form in a video campaign, with the option of uploading via URL or uploading the video from a device.
2.3. Other configurations.
2.3.1. Public entries list.
If you want users to be able to see who has participated, you must make the list of participants public. And bear in mind that if you are going to include voting in the contest, the entries will have to be public. This way, users will be able to see the content and vote for their favorite.
1) Go to the 'Entries list' tab in the 'Participations' section.
2) Check the 'Enable public participation' option.
If you are going to enable a voting period, we recommend you order the participation by the number of votes.
You can also activate the content gallery so that the videos appear in a gallery, instead of one below the other. You can choose the number of columns.
Below, you can see an example of participations list.
In video contests, there is usually a period for users to vote for the content uploaded by participants. To enable voting:
1) Go to the 'Votes' section.
2) Activate voting in the entries.
3) Configure the dates on which users can vote.
4) Determine how many times they can vote. By default, a user can vote once for each of the different entries.
- Remember that you need to enable the public participants' page, as we have explained in the participation section of this tutorial.
- If you have only enabled the anonymous login option in the campaign registration, it is automatically enabled so that the user can vote by giving their email address. They can vote with their Google/Gmail, Yahoo or Microsoft/Hotmail account.
Other options in the voting configuration:
- Show to all users who have voted for each entry in the competition (their avatar and name will be displayed).
- Apply the anti-fraud system to voters: under the previous options, you can restrict voting to certain countries, block voters from possible exchange networks, block fraudulent votes, and those votes that come from the same IP for the time you specify.
2.3.3. Participant content moderation.
If you want to review all the participations, before they are visible in your campaign, activate the moderation of the participations.
1) Go to the 'Advanced' tab in the 'Participations' section.
2) Enable the 'Enable moderation' option. That way, you will have to review and accept them before they become public.
2.3.4. Winner selection.
Once the contest participation period is over, you will be able to select the winners.
To start the selection, you can consult the tutorial: How to select Winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other specifications.
The platform supports videos (.mp4 and .mov) of up to 100 MB.
The price of the Diamond plan includes the first 50 videos uploaded by your participants. Once the number of 50 videos is exceeded, you will be able to buy additional packs of 100 videos. Please contact us at email@example.com, so we can send you a quote.
Don't worry because the campaign doesn't stop. We will continue to collect user participation. What happens is that the option to upload videos directly will no longer appear, and will only offer participants the possibility to upload them through video platforms (YouTube / Vimeo).
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a video contest.
You can also create your Video Contest with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
4. Related content.