In campaigns with an event registration form (course, workshop, presentation, guided tour…), it is common to limit the number of users that can register for it, because there are only certain places for the different days/times that users can sign up for.
In Cool Tabs, you can restrict the number of users who can select each response option when configuring your campaign. As we will explain below, this limitation is set by determining the maximum number of participants for each final screen you set up.
So, if you create a quiz with different options for registration, for example:
- Option 1. Saturday 1 (10:00 - 12:00) - 25 places.
- Option 2. Saturday 1 (12:00 - 14:00) - 25 seats
- Option 3. Sunday 2 (10:00 - 12:00) - 25 seats
- Option 4. Sunday 2 (12:00 - 14:00) - 25 seats
The user, who fills in the form and selects an answer option associated with a final screen where no more places are left, will not be able to sign up or have to mark another option.
If you only need to limit the total participation in the campaign so that only a specific number of users can participate, go to the 'Restrictions' tab of the 'Participation' section.
Bear in mind that, before limiting the number of participants for each final screen, from the 'Quiz' section of the campaign edition, you have to configure a personality quiz with the different answer options that the users will be able to select. And assign a category to each answer option.
If you have doubts when setting up the quiz, check the tutorial How to create a personality quiz.
In our example:
- Option 1. Saturday 1 (10:00 - 12:00) - Category A.
- Option 2. Saturday 1 (12:00 - 14:00) - Category B
- Option 3. Sunday 2 (10:00 - 12:00) - Category C
- Option 4. Sunday 2 (12:00 - 14:00) - Category D
Then, go to the 'Advanced' tab of the 'Final Screen' section and check the option 'Final screens have a maximum number of participants allowed on each screen'. Thus, when you configure the individual final screens, you will see the option to determine the maximum number of participants for each screen.
Finally, you must configure each final screens, which are associated with each answer/category of the quiz. To do this, go to the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section and click on 'Individual final screens management'. Add as many final screens as there are answer options in the registration quiz.
On each screen, you must:
- Give a name to internally identify the screen.
- Establish to which response category the screen is associated. So that when users select it and complete the data form, they will be shown this screen and not another.
- Determine the maximum number of participants per screen. When the quota is reached, participants will no longer be able to complete the registration for that option. They will be able to try another one if there are still places available.
- Write a custom message to be displayed to the user who selects a response option for which there are no more spots left. When a user completes the form and selects a response option associated with a final screen where there are no more places left, the error message is displayed.
If the registration is not completed, the data filled in by the user will not be saved.
3. Other specifications.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at email@example.com.
4. Related content.
How to create a personality quiz in Cool Tabs >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.