With Cool Tabs, you can create a campaign in which participants have to validate codes, that you have previously distributed, in order to participate. As the campaign administrator, you can define which codes you want to be winners and which are not.
To participate in this campaign, participants must already have a code in their possession that you have given them previously, for example, on their purchase receipt. Then, they must register for your promotion, complete a data form and enter their code to enter sweepstakes or win direct prizes or other benefits that you set up.
In this way, participation is restricted to only users who have a valid code, which you will have provided to them. The code can be unique for all customers, or it can be a custom code.
In addition, you can combine your code validation campaign with any other mechanics (quizzes, instant win, contests, gamification, etc.).
If you want to create a campaign in which you give out coupons or promotional codes, see this other tutorial.
2. Ideas and examples.
This type of campaign is part of loyalty actions, which seek customer loyalty. In addition to rewarding your customers' loyalty, it will help you encourage them to buy and allow you to capture leads. It is also an excellent way to combine offline-online actions.
The participation dynamic of a code validation campaign is simple since it consists of a registration form in which the user introduces the code to be validated. However, it can be combined with other types of mechanics, such as a quiz, a survey, or an instant prize roulette, which will make it more attractive.
Some of the most common situations for code validation campaigns are:
- Catering sector: promotional code distribution campaign, usually on the purchase receipt or on specific promotional cards. The customer is redirected to the online promotion to validate the code and participate in sweepstakes (gifts, discounts, gift cards...). For example, a fast food chain launches a new menu and runs a promotion in which, for the purchase of the menu, the customer participates in a sweepstake. To enter the sweepstakes, the customer must validate the code obtained at the time of purchase.
- Food or FMCG sector: product code distribution campaign. For example, a beverage brand inserts codes on the caps of its bottles, which hide various instant prizes. As in the previous case, the customer is redirected to the online promotion to validate the code.
- Retail sector or shopping malls: there are frequent face-to-face promotions in which instant prizes are raffled, by means of a spin the wheel, to customers who make purchases. So that they have to redeem the code directly there, once they have made their purchase, through a display (totem, a promoter with a tablet...).
3. Step by step.
3.1. Create your campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2. Upload the codes.
Once you have completed the basic sections of the campaign, you have to upload the codes that users must enter to participate. So that, when they enter them in the registration form, the application will consider them valid.
1) Go to the 'Validations' section.
2) Activate the option to validate coupons or codes.
3) Upload the codes in an Excel or CSV file. The file must have one code for each line.
You can upload for free up to 15,000 codes. If you need to upload more, please write us at email@example.com.
3.2.1. Code reuse.
If the codes are repeated, just activate the option 'Enable code reuse'.
With this option enabled, every coupon or code can be reused multiple times by different participants. If not enabled, each code can be used only once in the campaign, so the max number of users that can join the campaign will be the total number of codes you have introduced.
3.2.2. Fill in the code by taking a picture of a QR/code.
In white-label campaigns, you can allow the user to fill in the code by taking a picture of a barcode or QR code. By checking this option, the user will be presented with a camera icon to attach an image showing the code.
3.3. Customize the final screens.
Once the codes are loaded on the platform, go to the 'Final screen' section. Here, you must configure the different final screens that will appear to the user, depending on whether they enter a winning code or not.
To configure the final screen, you can refer to the tutorial How to configure the final, thank you, or results screens.
3.3.1. Final screen by default or for non-winners.
Check the box '' to configure a default message for participants. This is the message that will be displayed to all participants who enter their code or, in case only some codes are awarded, to participants with non-awarded codes. You can include text, images, or HTML code.
3.3.2. Final screen for winners.
After configuring the message for non-winners, you must configure a personalized message according to the code entered.
To configure personalized messages for each code or for certain reward codes, you must enable the option 'Content-based on gamification, quiz results (point or personality tests) or validated coupon'. If you want to distribute prizes according to the code entered by the participants, check this tutorial.
Customize the screen with a private name to identify it internally, and enter the code(s) to be entered by the participants to be able to see that screen.
In the 'Design' section, you can customize the results screen, including a message composed of text, images and/or gifs. You can also include HTML.
3.4. Other settings.
3.4.1. Winner selection.
Cool Tabs allows you to run a sweepstake among your campaign participants. You can distribute prizes or other benefits depending on whom you want to reward.
- Random draw among all participants who have entered their code. In this case, see the tutorial 'How to select winners'.
- Link prizes to certain codes, so that only participants who enter winning codes win.
- Condition the prize distribution to instant win moments. Participants will only be winners if when they complete the data form and enter their code, it coincides with the moment when you have programmed the prize distribution. Please take a look at the tutorial 'How to create a Scratch & Win instant win contest'.
4. Other specifications.
Bear in mind, you can upload 15,000 codes for free. If you want to upload more codes, these are the rates:
- Up to 50,000 - €150/month
- Up to 100,000 - €280/month
- Up to 500,000 - €480/month
- Up to 2 mills - €680/month
- Up to 5 mills - €980/month