With Cool Tabs, you can create an online puzzle game within minutes, with a completely customized design based on an image you upload.
In this way, you can create an online game in which you challenge the participants to reconstruct an image, placing the pieces correctly, in the shortest amount of time possible.
In addition, you can determine the puzzle's level of difficulty with more or fewer pieces, assign points, enable a ranking of participants, and run sweepstakes, either among the fastest or among all participants.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2. Configure the puzzle.
After completing the basic sections, go to the 'Gamifications' section, activate the Puzzle option, and click on 'Configure'.
Once inside the puzzle configuration, complete the fields related to the game features and design.
2.2.1. Main configuration.
- Set the number of pieces in the game, which will determine the difficulty of the game. Keep in mind that the minimum number of pieces per axis that you can configure is 2 and the maximum is 6. In this way, depending on the number of pieces per axis that you set (2, 3, 4, 5, or 6), you will have a puzzle with 4, 9, 16, 25, or 36 pieces, respectively.
- In addition, you can enable the option so that before starting the game, the user can visualize the original puzzle for 3 seconds so that he/she can use it as a reference.
- Puzzle image: the image you upload must be square and in PNG format, with a minimum of 620 x 620px and a maximum of 1280 x 1280px.
2.2.2. Game conditions.
- Set the maximum time the participant has to solve it.
- Determine if you are going to give points and for which key achieved: points for each piece in the correct position, points for completing the game, and points for the seconds remaining after the game is completed.
- The maximum number of games. Specify how many times the user will be able to play. When the game ends, they will be shown a popup with the points they've obtained, the text "You have X more tries" and the "Play Again" button. Once they reach the limit of allowed games, they will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
You can give it a title that will be shown as the header of the puzzle and include a description (text and/or image) as a clue for the user.
Click on "Save" so that you don't lose your settings and continue editing your campaign.
Below, you can see an example of how the game screen is displayed.
2.3. Other settings.
2.3.1. Ranking of participants.
In gamification campaigns, where players score points, it is common to show the public list of participants. In this way, the participations are public so that all participants know where they ranked.
If you want to show the ranking of players, with the points they have obtained, activate the list of participants.
To enable the public ranking of participants, follow the steps in the tutorial on How to display a public entries list or ranking of participants.
2.3.2. Winner selection.
If your game is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners.
You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To start the selection, you can follow the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a puzzle game.
You can also create your game with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any questions during the process, don't hesitate to contact at email@example.com.
4. Content related.