With the Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label apps, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, you can create a campaign with the Pop It! mechanic. This allows you to configure an interactive game in which the participants have to explode the bubbles that appear on the screen, in order to catch the objects that are inside and score points. And, at the same time, they must dodge the bubbles that subtract points.
You will be able to fully customize the game with your own design: the staging (background image) and the elements that go inside the bubbles.
Plus, you will be able to assign points for each bubble that they catch, enable a ranking of participants and conduct a raffle among those who get the most points or among all the participants.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2. Configure your game.
After completing the basic sections, go to the "Gamifications" section. By default, when creating a campaign, it appears without any gamification. Activate the "Pop it!" option and then click on Configure".
Once inside the settings, complete the fields related to the characteristics of the game and the design.
2.2.1. Main configuration.
Upload the game images:
- Background image: this is the image that will be shown in the background, which contains the game. Do not confuse it with the campaign's background image. The optimal size for the game's background image is up to 810px wide and vertical (1080 px maximum) and in JPG or PNG format. 3:4 aspect ratio.
- Image of the bubbles (prize and miss): these are the images that will contain the two types of bubbles that will be shown in the game (bubbles with a prize, which add points, and bubbles with a miss, which subtract points). The recommended size is a maximum of 320 x 320px, in PNG format so that it has transparency. 1:1 aspect ratio.
2.2.2. Game conditions.
- Set the duration of the game, in seconds. This will be the maximum amount of time that the participant has to explode as many bubbles as possible.
- Determine how many points you are going to give the player for each correct bubble that they manage to burst, and the ones that you will subtract for a miss if they click on an incorrect bubble.
- Specify the maximum number of times the user can play. When the game ends, they will be shown a popup with the points they've obtained, the text "You have X more tries" and the “Play Again” button. Once they reach the limit of allowed games, they will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
By default, the number of bubbles shown on the screen simultaneously is 10 and the percentage of incorrect bubbles is 30%.
You can give it a title that will be displayed as the header of the game. If you don't want to include a title, leave this field empty. You can also include content (images and/or text) as a description.
Save the settings and continue editing the campaign.
Below, you can see an example of how the game screen of a Pop it! is displayed.
2.3. Other settings.
2.3.1. Ranking of participants.
In gamification campaigns, where players score points, it is common to show the public list of participants. In this way, the participations are made public so that all participants know where they ranked.
If you want to show the ranking of players, with the points they have obtained, activate the list of participants.
To enable the public ranking of participants, follow the steps in the tutorial on How to display a public entries list or ranking of participants.
2.3.2. Winner selection.
If your game is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners.
You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To start the selection, you can follow the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a hangman game.
You can also create your game with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
4. Content related.