With Cool Tabs, you can generate a campaign with the Hangman mechanics. This allows you to set up an interactive Hangman game, in which the participant has to guess a word or phrase, letter by letter, in the least number of attempts and before the time runs out.
The user will see the empty boxes of the letters that make up each word or phrase, and a keyboard to mark the letters he/she thinks are correct. Each letter that is correct will be completed in the corresponding box, marked in green on the keyboard, and will add points. And with each failure, the letter will be marked in red and you will lose points.
You will be able to fully customize the game with your own design and set the word or phrase to guess.
In addition, you can assign points for different milestones, enable a ranking of participants and perform a draw, either among those who get more points or among all participants.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at email@example.com.
2.2. Configure the game.
After completing the basic sections, go to the 'Gamifications' section, activate the Hangman option, and click on 'Configure'.
Once inside the configuration, fill in the fields related to the game characteristics and design.
2.2.1. Main configuration.
Type the word or phrase that the participants will have to guess. In the case of a phrase, enter each word separated by a space.
- Only alphabetic characters are allowed, that is, letters from A to Z, both upper and lower case.
- No accents, numerical characters, or special characters (symbols) are accepted.
2.2.2. Game conditions.
- Set the duration of the game, in seconds. This is the maximum time the participant has to guess the word or phrase you have set.
- Determine the points you are going to give or take away from the player for different milestones: for each letter, he/she guesses correctly, for those he/she fails, for guessing the word or phrase, and for the seconds left over to solve the game.
- Sets the limit of attempts to solve the game
- Specifies the maximum number of games the user can play. When the game is over, a popup will appear with the points obtained, the text "You have X more chances" and the button "Play again". Once you reach the limit of allowed games, you will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
You can give it a title that will be shown as the header of the puzzle and include a description (text and/or image) as a clue for the user.
Save the configuration and continue editing the campaign.
Below, you can see two examples of game screenshots.
1) Hangman Game in which an image has been included in the description as a hint.
2) Hangman Game in which the title and description have been included as a clue (text).
2.3. Other settings.
2.3.1. Ranking of participants.
In gamification campaigns, where players score points, it is common to show the public list of participants. In this way, the participations are public so that all participants know where they ranked.
If you want to show the ranking of players, with the points they have obtained, activate the list of participants.
To enable the public ranking of participants, follow the steps in the tutorial on How to display a public entries list or ranking of participants.
2.3.2. Winner selection.
If your game is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners.
You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To start the selection, you can follow the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a hangman game.
You can also create your game with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
4. Content related.