With Cool Tabs, you can generate a campaign with the Hangman mechanics. This allows you to set up an interactive Hangman game, in which the participant has to guess a word or phrase, letter by letter, in the least number of attempts and before the time runs out.
The user will see the empty boxes of the letters that make up each word or phrase, and a keyboard to mark the letters he/she thinks are correct. Each letter that is correct will be completed in the corresponding box, marked in green on the keyboard, and will add points. And with each failure, the letter will be marked in red and you will lose points.
You will be able to fully customize the game with your own design and set the word or phrase to guess.
In addition, you can assign points for different milestones, enable a ranking of participants and perform a draw, either among those who get more points or among all participants.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a hangman game.
You can also create your game with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
Below, you can see an example of an online campaign with the Hangman mechanics.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
2) Create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button. If you are using the platform for the first time, you will directly see the app catalog.
3) Select Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label, depending on whether you have a Gold or Diamond plan, respectively. Click on the 'Start' button.
2.2. Configure the campaign.
Complete the first sections of your campaign. These are related to the register, basic data, design, and dates.
Please note that some sections of the campaign edition do not necessarily apply to your campaign (instant wins, viral ranking, coupons...).
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also help yourself in the following tutorials, in which we explain in more detail what you can include in each section:
Determine how the participants have to register for the campaign.
You can opt for social login or anonymous login (the participant does not register with a social network, but must complete the form).
2.2.2. Basic data.
- Name: this is the name of your campaign so that you can identify it internally in the list of your campaigns.
- Where you want users to access: by default, it will be the microsite that we provide when generating a campaign with Cool Tabs.
In the 'Design' section you can customize everything related to the appearance of the campaign: main image, background image, descriptive text, font, colors…
You can use the options we give you by default, include your own HTML, or use the more customized option with our advanced configuration.
We explain this section in more detail in the tutorial How to design your campaign with Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label.
In this section, indicate the start and end dates on which your campaign will be visible.
Set the start and end dates of the participation (these usually coincide with the campaign start dates).
In the 'Restrictions' tab, you can determine the number of times a user can participate.
2.2.6. Entry form.
Configure the 'Entry Form' section, with the fields you want the participants to fill in: name, surname, email…
2.3. Configure the game.
After completing the previous sections, go to the 'Gamifications' section, activate the Hangman option and click on 'Configure'.
Once inside the configuration, fill in the fields related to the game characteristics and design.
Type the word or phrase that the participants will have to guess. In the case of a phrase, enter each word separated by a space.
- Only alphabetic characters are allowed, that is, letters from A to Z, both upper and lower case.
- No accents, numerical characters, or special characters (symbols) are accepted.
- Set the duration of the game, in seconds. This is the maximum time the participant has to guess the word or phrase you have set.
- Determine the points you are going to give or take away from the player for different milestones: for each letter he/she guesses correctly, for those he/she fails, for guessing the word or phrase and for the seconds left over to solve the game.
- Sets the limit of attempts to solve the game
- Specifies the maximum number of games the user can play. Each time the user plays again, the cards will be shuffled randomly. When the game is over, a popup will appear with the points obtained, the text "You have X more chances" and the button "Play again". Once you reach the limit of allowed games, you will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
You can give it a title that will be shown as the header of the puzzle and include a description (text and/or image) as a clue for the user.
Save the configuration and continue editing the campaign.
Below, you can see two examples of game screenshots.
1) Hangman Game in which an image has been included in the description as a hint.
2) Hangman Game in which the title and description have been included as a clue (text).
2.4. Final screen.
You can configure:
- Same screen for all participants.
- Different screens according to the points obtained in the game.
2.4.1. Show default content to the participants.
You have the option to show the same message to all participants. Configure your default message in the 'Final screen' section of the campaign editor.
In the 'Final Screen' section, configure the screen that will be shown, by default, to all participants who don't answer correctly.
If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
2.4.2. Content according to gamifications.
If you want to display a different screen depending on the points obtained in the game, enable the option 'Display a customized final screen depending on gamification, quiz results (point or personality tests), or validated coupon'. Then, click on 'Individual final screen management'.
You will have to add as many screens as pages of results you want your game to have. Fill in the information for each screen.
- Give it an internal name so that you can identify each results page.
- Set a maximum and a minimum number of points a participant must score to view that screen.
- Include a creative and/or message in the 'Design' section.
- You can complete and customize the fields related to viralization on social networks so that users can share their participation.
If you are going to show one final screen or another, depending on the points obtained by the participant, do not forget to activate the option 'Quiz with points for right answers' in the 'Quiz' section. Otherwise, the screens you set will not be displayed.
If you want to show the ranking of participants, in the 'Participations' section of the campaign editor, activate the option 'Enable public participation' in the 'Entries List' tab.
Determine the number of participants per page to be displayed. And if the rest of the users can see the scores of all the participants.
In addition, you can enable the public individual page per participant. Information about each participant will be displayed on these additional pages.
2.6. Other configurations.
2.6.1. Legal conditions.
You can include the legal terms of your campaign, as well as add additional checkboxes that you need for the processing of participants' personal data for different purposes. For example, the creation of social profiles, the subscription to a newsletter, the acceptance of sending commercial information…
2.6.2. Go viral.
Encourage the viralization of your campaign by allowing participants to share the campaign and their participation on social networks. In the 'Go viral' section, add the image, title, and text you want to appear when users share the campaign or their participation.
We recommend you customize the messages displayed on social networks after sharing. You can also refer to the tutorial How to customize messages shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
2.7. Winner selection.
If your action is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners. You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To access the list of participants, from the main page of your campaigns, click on the 'Leads' section.
Then, in the left sidebar, click on the 'Winners' section.
To start the selection, you can consult the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other specifications.
4. Content related.