With our Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label apps you can create contests with different and multiple mechanisms: photo contests, videos, stories, original answers to a single question, etc. But you can also use them to create a quiz or questionnaire composed of dynamic questions and answers.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your Cool Promo.
From here we will be completing the first sections of our campaign (Campaign Login, basic information, design, dates ...) until we reach the "Quiz" section. If you have any questions or queries during the process, do not hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
We also leave you these tutorials in which we explain in more detail:
How can I include this option?
All options related to the creation of a quiz or questionnaire on your campaign are included in the section: "Quiz" or “Custom questions and answers (Quiz, Trivia, Tests…)” on the applications Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label. In this post we explain all of them.
- Display all the quiz question on the same page: If you check this option, the entry form and the questions you set in these section will be displayed on a single page. If you do not check it, the questions will be displayed one on each page, with buttons to continue to the next question.
- Show user answers to everyone (public): Enabling this option means that responses marked as ‘public’ will be shown to everyone. It is usual that responses where creativity or participant opinion is required are made public, but not those that involve answering something correctly.
- Automatically go to the next question: this option makes the quiz more easier, because users will not have to go clicking "Next" to move on to the next question.
The following three points allow you to determine what type of quiz you wish to create. You can only mark one of the three options:
- I do not want to assign points or categorize the answers.
- Quiz with points for right answers.
- I want to create a personality test.
If you check the option "Quiz with points for right answers", the following options will be displayed:
- Indicates to the participants if they are right or not immediately after they answer each question. When users choose and answer as correct, you can tell if they are correct or not. In addiction, this option will let you add a text for each right or wrong answer and upload an image that will replace the question image. Activating this option, below, we will see two fields of "Text to be displayed if the participant is right/fail", in this way, we could give a response to each response.
- Show own score to participants: Participants can see the total number of points that they have in your questionnaire.
- Show scores publicly: If you enable this option, any user can see the scores of any participant.
- Number of random questions: This way, you can select a set of questions and decide how many of them will be asked to each participant. The application will randomly select the number of questions you wish. This will allow you to create a different participation quiz for each participant in the competition.
We can also give feedback in any other case (a personality test or a quiz without points), activating the check "Feedback message after answering", as it appears in the following screen:
- When participants submit their answers, they will see a summary of the answers of all participants. Once participants send their entries with the chosen answers, they will see a page with a summary of the answers the other participants have chosen.
- Display a public page with the summary of the answers chosen by all the participants. You can check the URL of this results page from the internal information page corresponding to your campaign.
In the "free text" answers, the administator can assign points/categories to each answer, so if the participant write the answer, he'll get those points.
About the quiz questions.
You can include the number of questions that you need and decide whether it is mandatory to answer or not, whether the answers to that question are public or the dates by which the questions are displayed to the participants.
- It is mandatory to answer this question: If you activate these checkboxes, it will become a prerequisite to answer the question to complete the entry. If you don’t activate them, users can submit their entry without responding.
- Answers to this question will be public (visible to everyone): You can decide whether each response will be made visible to everyone or not, since there may be information that you do not want to be visible to everyone (for example, personal details, or the correct answer to a question that is asked of all entrants).
- Show this question on the form between certain dates only: If you are creating a competition that is to be split into phases or if you just want certain questions to appear only on the entry form on certain dates, you can configure that in this section.
- Give points for answering this question correctly: If the question you are setting has one correct answer, you can assign a score to respond properly. The score may be different for each question by value or difficulty.
Questions can be of two types:
- Only text, meaning only include the question itself. Example: “What is your favorite item from our new collection?”
- Text + Image: This type is often used to guess what or who appears in the image, but it can be used for any type of question in which the image provides information. Example: “What brand is this bag?” + Image of a bag of Lancôme.
About the quiz answers.
Find out this tutorial: Different Type of Questions/Anwers you can include in your Questionnaire or Survey >>
Limit the time to complete the survey.
If you want participants to answer the questions with a time limit to prevent them from looking up answers or thinking too much, you can include a response time limit. This option can be found in the “Entry form configuration” section of your Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label. In this field you can include the maximum time (in seconds) that people will have to send their completed participation.
With the limited response time option, participants won’t be able to close the window and access it later. If once the time is over the entry has not been completed, it will remain as pending moderation. And there’s nothing to be done about it!
What can I use a quiz for?
Many times we do not know how to pose a contest and we wonder what we request our users to do to participate, because if we demand much, we do not get the participation we expect and, if we request bit, participation is often getting out of hand. The quiz or poll is perfect for these cases, because only ask the user to answer questions about your product and can be as complex or simple as you see. Moreover, as we see in the images above, it can be very attractive, dynamic and entertaining for your users.
What would be the use of a quiz?
– To find out what your users know about you.
– To find out what users think of your product.
– To create a simple contest with questions regarding your prize.
– To get amaze and intrigue users who try to guess the correct answer.
3. Other specifications.
If you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us through email@example.com
4. Related content.
Check the different types of questionnaires you can create with Cool Tabs and take a look at our sample quiz to see the possibilities that we offer: Quiz Sample of Tabs.