With Cool Tabs, you can create a “Matching Cards” type of game, in which users have to match cards with images that are related.
You can customize the game, upload your own images, as well as establish points for certain milestones that the participants achieve (for a pair found, for remaining time, or for completing the dynamic). In addition, you can set a maximum time for each game.
This game is compatible with other types of formats that you can create in Cool Tabs: Lucky Wheel, Instant Win, discount code distribution, coupon validation, Trivia, Personality Test…
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a Matching Cards game.
You can also create your game with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
2. Step by Step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
2) Create a new campaign by clicking on the 'Create campaign' button. If you are using the platform for the first time, you will directly see the app catalog.
3) Select Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label, depending on whether you have a Gold or Diamond plan, respectively. Click on the 'Start' button.
2.2. Configure the campaign.
Complete the first sections of your campaign. These are related to the register, basic data, design, and dates.
Please note that some sections of the campaign edition do not necessarily apply to your campaign (instant wins, viral ranking, coupons...).
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
You can also help yourself in the following tutorials, in which we explain in more detail what you can include in each section:
Determine how the participants have to register for the campaign.
You can opt for social login or anonymous login (the participant does not register with a social network, but must complete the form).
2.2.2. Basic data.
- Name: this is the name of your campaign so that you can identify it internally in the list of your campaigns.
- Where you want users to access: by default, it will be the microsite that we provide when generating a campaign with Cool Tabs.
In the 'Design' section you can customize everything related to the appearance of the campaign: main image, background image, descriptive text, font, colors…
You can use the options we give you by default, include your own HTML, or use the more customized option with our advanced configuration.
We explain this section in more detail in the tutorial How to design your campaign with Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label.
In this section, indicate the start and end dates on which your campaign will be visible.
Set the start and end dates of the participation (these usually coincide with the campaign start dates).
In the 'Restrictions' tab, you can determine the number of times a user can participate.
2.2.6. Entry form.
Configure the 'Entry Form' section, with the fields you want the participants to fill in: name, surname, email…
2.3. Configure the Matching Cards.
Once you have completed the previous sections, go to the "Gamifications" section, in your campaign settings. Activate the “Matching Cards” option and click on “Configure”.
1. Main configuration.
The first thing you have to do is configure the pairs of cards in the game. The recommended dimensions for images are 240px wide x 240px tall.
2. Conditions to play.
Then fill in the fields related to the game features and score.
- Duration: you can set the time limit (in seconds) that users will have to play.
- Points for each match: these are the points that the user will obtain for matching a pair of cards.
- Points for completion: these are the points that the user will get for matching all the pairs of cards.
- Points for seconds: these are the points that the user will get when completing the game for the remaining seconds.
- Maximum number of games. Specify how many times the user will be able to play. Every time they play again, the cards will be randomly shuffled. When the game ends, they will be shown a popup with the points they've obtained, the text "You have X more tries" and the “Play Again” button. Once they reach the limit of allowed games, they will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
Finally, configure aspects related to the appearance of the game.
- Title. This is the optional title that will appear as the header in the game.
- Description. In this field, you can show content (text and/or image) to give the user more information.
Once all the sections have been completed, save the changes and continue editing the campaign.
2.4. Final screen.
You can configure:
- Same screen for all participants.
- Different screens according to the points obtained in the game.
2.4.1. Show default content to the participants.
You have the option to show the same message to all participants. Configure your default message in the 'Final screen' section of the campaign editor.
In the 'Final Screen' section, configure the screen that will be shown, by default, to all participants who don't answer correctly.
If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, if you wish, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
2.4.2. Content according to gamifications.
If you want to display a different screen depending on the points obtained in the game, enable the option '' Then, click on 'Individual final screen management.
You will have to add as many screens as pages of results you want your game to have. Fill in the information for each screen.
- Give it an internal name so that you can identify each results page.
- Set a maximum and a minimum number of points a participant must score to view that screen.
- Include a creative and/or message in the 'Design' section.
- You can complete and customize the fields related to viralization on social networks so that users can share their participation.
If you are going to show one final screen or another, depending on the points obtained by the participant, do not forget to activate the option 'Quiz with points for right answers' in the 'Quiz' section. Otherwise, the screens you set will not be displayed.
If you want to show the ranking of participants, in the 'Participations' section of the campaign editor, activate the option 'Enable public participation' in the 'Entries List' tab.
Determine the number of participants per page to be displayed. And if the rest of the users can see the scores of all the participants.
In addition, you can enable the public individual page per participant. Information about each participant will be displayed on these additional pages.
2.6. Other configurations.
2.6.1. Legal conditions.
You can include the legal terms of your campaign, as well as add additional checkboxes that you need for the processing of participants' personal data for different purposes. For example, the creation of social profiles, the subscription to a newsletter, the acceptance of sending commercial information…
2.6.2. Go viral.
Encourage the viralization of your campaign by allowing participants to share the campaign and their participation on social networks. In the 'Go viral' section, add the image, title, and text you want to appear when users share the campaign or their participation.
We recommend you customize the messages displayed on social networks after sharing. You can also refer to the tutorial How to customize messages shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
2.7. Winner selection.
If your action is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners. You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To access the list of participants, from the main page of your campaigns, click on the 'Leads' section.
Then, in the left sidebar, click on the 'Winners' section.
To start the selection, you can follow the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other Specifications.
4. Content Related.