2.2. Configure the Matching Cards.
With Cool Tabs, you can create a “Matching Cards” type of game, in which users have to match cards with images that are related.
You can customize the game, upload your own images, as well as establish points for certain milestones that the participants achieve (for a pair found, for the remaining time, or for completing the dynamic). In addition, you can set a maximum time for each game.
This game is compatible with other types of formats that you can create in Cool Tabs: Lucky Wheel, Instant Win, discount code distribution, coupon validation, Trivia, Personality Test…
2. Step by Step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
How to get started on creating a campaign: basic settings.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2. Configure the Matching Cards.
Once you have completed the basic sections, go to the "Gamifications" section, in your campaign settings. Activate the “Matching Cards” option and click on “Configure”.
2.2.1. Main configuration.
The first thing you have to do is configure the pairs of cards in the game. The recommended dimensions for images are 240 x 240 px.
2.2.2. Game conditions.
Then fill in the fields related to the game features and score.
- Duration: you can set the time limit (in seconds) that users will have to play.
- Points for each match: these are the points that the user will obtain for matching a pair of cards.
- Points for completion: these are the points that the user will get for matching all the pairs of cards.
- Points for seconds: these are the points that the user will get when completing the game for the remaining seconds.
- The maximum number of games. Specify how many times the user will be able to play. Every time they play again, the cards will be randomly shuffled. When the game ends, they will be shown a popup with the points they've obtained, the text "You have X more tries" and the “Play Again” button. Once they reach the limit of allowed games, they will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
Finally, configure aspects related to the appearance of the game.
- Title. This is the optional title that will appear as the header in the game.
- Description. In this field, you can show content (text and/or image) to give the user more information.
Once all the sections have been completed, save the changes and continue editing the campaign.
Below, you can see an example of how the game screen of a Matching Card is displayed.
2.3. Other settings.
2.3.1. Ranking of participants.
In gamification campaigns, where players score points, it is common to show the public list of participants. In this way, the participations are made public so that all participants know where they ranked.
If you want to show the ranking of players, with the points they have obtained, activate the list of participants.
To enable the public ranking of participants, follow the steps in the tutorial on How to display a public entries list or ranking of participants.
2.3.2. Winner selection.
If your game is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners.
You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To start the selection, you can follow the tutorial: How to select winners and obtain your Certificate of Validity.
3. Other Specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a Matching Cards game.
You can also create your game with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any questions during the process, don't hesitate to contact us through the chat on our website or our support email at email@example.com.
4. Content Related.
How to access the URL of your campaign to publish it.
How to create a Spot the Differences game.
How to create a Memory Cards game.
Please sign in to leave a comment.