With the Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, you can create a campaign with the puzzle format, which allows you to create an online puzzle, fully customized with your own design.
In this way, you can create an online game in which you challenge the participants to reconstruct an image, placing the pieces correctly, in the shortest amount of time possible.
In addition, you can determine the puzzle's level of difficulty with more or fewer pieces, assign points, enable a ranking of participants, and run sweepstakes, either among the fastest or among all participants.
Below, you can see an example of an online campaign with the puzzle format.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
Enter to Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and select the Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label application.
You must fill in the first sections of your campaign.
- Register: how the user will be able to participate. With their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account, or anonymously (email).
- Basic data: where you want users to go when they click on the URL of your campaign, languages…
- Design: main image, background image, font, colors…
Start and end dates: dates on which the campaign will be visible.
- Participations: date on which users will be able to participate and the number of times they will be able to do so.
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll also leave you with these tutorials, in which we explain what you can include in each section in greater detail:
2.2. Configure your puzzle.
After completing the previous sections, go to the 'Gamifications' section, activate the Puzzle option and click on 'Configure'.
Once inside the puzzle configuration, complete the fields related to the game features and design.
1. Main configuration.
- Set the number of pieces in the game, which will determine the difficulty of the game. Keep in mind that the minimum number of pieces per axis that you can configure is 2 and the maximum is 6. In this way, depending on the number of pieces per axis that you set (2, 3, 4, 5 or 6), you will have a puzzle with 4, 9, 16, 25 or 36 pieces, respectively.
- In addition, you can enable the option so that before starting the game the user can visualize the original puzzle for 3 seconds, so that he/she can use it as a reference.
- Puzzle image: the image you upload must be square and in PNG format, with a minimum of 620 x 620px and a maximum of 1280 x 1280px.
2. Conditions to play.
- Set the maximum time the participant has to solve it.
- Determine if you are going to give points and for which milestone achieved: points for each piece in the correct position, points for completing the game, and points for the seconds remaining after the game is completed.
- Maximum number of games. Specify how many times the user will be able to play. Every time they play again, the cards will be randomly shuffled. When the game ends, they will be shown a popup with the points they've obtained, the text "You have X more tries" and the "Play Again" button. Once they reach the limit of allowed games, they will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
You can give it a title that will be shown as the header of the puzzle and include a description (text and/or image) as a clue for the user.
Click on "Save" so that you don't lose your settings and continue editing your campaign.
2.3. Data form.
In the 'Form' section of your campaign edition, you can activate all the fields that you want the user to fill in. After completing the game, the data form will be displayed.
We also recommend you complete the fields in the 'Go viral' section, so users can share your game on social networks.
2.4. Final screen.
You can configure:
- Same screen for all participants.
- Different screens according to the points obtained in the game.
2.4.1. Show default content to the participants.
You have the option to show the same message to all participants. Configure your default message in the 'Final screen' section of the campaign editor.
In the 'Final Screen' section, configure the screen that will be shown, by default, to all participants who don't answer correctly.
If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, if you wish, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
2.4.2. Content according to gamifications.
If you want to display a different screen depending on the points obtained in the game, enable the option '' Then, click on 'Individual final screen management.
You will have to add as many screens as pages of results you want your game to have. Fill in the information for each screen.
- Give it an internal name so that you can identify each results page.
- Set a maximum and a minimum number of points a participant must score to view that screen.
- Include a creative and/or message in the 'Design' section.
- You can complete and customize the fields related to viralization on social networks so that users can share their participation.
If you are going to show one final screen or another, depending on the points obtained by the participant, do not forget to activate the option 'Quiz with points for right answers' in the 'Quiz' section. Otherwise, the screens you set will not be displayed.
If you want to show the ranking of participants, in the 'Participations' section of the campaign editor, activate the option 'Enable public participation'.
2.6. Selection of winners.
If your action is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners. You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To access the list of participants, from the main page of your campaigns, click on the 'Leads' section.
Then, in the left sidebar, click on the 'Winners' section.
From the 'Winners' section, you can start the selection. Depending on the type of campaign or sweepstakes you have carried out, you will have two options to select the winners: manually or randomly.
3. Other specifications.
4. Content related.