With the Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Cool Tabs Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, you can generate a campaign based on an online Jackpot, like the classic “slot machines”, to give out prizes instantly.
The way it works is very simple. The participant accesses the campaign, they will have to press a button so that the machine's reels start spinning and fill in the participation form. The reels will then stop and depending on the combination of symbols displayed by the three reels, they will have either won or lost.
This gamification, which is combined with the Instant Win mechanism, allows prizes to be scheduled on a date and at a specific time, and the winner or winners to be selected randomly and instantly. Therefore, if a user participates at the time or immediately after the time a prize is scheduled for, the Jackpot machine will show the winning combination and the message that he or she is a winner.
In addition, you will be able to customize the symbols that are displayed on the machine's reels with your own images.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
Enter Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and select the Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label application.
You must fill in the first sections of your campaign.
- Register: how the user will be able to participate. With their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account, or anonymously (email).
- Basic data: where you want users to go when they click on the URL of your campaign, languages…
- Design: main image, background image, font, colors…
Start and end dates: dates on which the campaign will be visible.
- Participations: date on which users will be able to participate and the number of times they will be able to do so.
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We'll also leave you with these tutorials, in which we explain what you can include in each section in greater detail:
2.2. Configure the Jackpot.
After completing the previous sections, go to the "Gamifications" section. By default, when creating a campaign, it will appear without any gamification. Activate the "Jackpot" option, and then click "Configure".
1. Main configuration.
Upload the images (symbols) that will be displayed on the three reels of the machine. To do this, click the "Add Symbol" button.
Add as many symbols and different images as you'd like to be displayed in the Jackpot. Keep in mind that you will have to upload at least six different symbols.
When configuring each symbol, you will have to:
- Name the symbol. This name will not be public but is necessary so that you can identify it internally.
- Upload the image. The images must be in JPG, PNG or GIF format (with or without transparency) and have a size of 180 x 140px. Please note that by default, the background color of the reels where the images are displayed will be white. The aspect ratio of the images on the reels is 9:7.
- Title. If you'd like, you can give your Jackpot machine a title. This title will be displayed on the data form page, just above the machine's reels.
- Content to display above the Jackpot machine: you have the option of displaying a longer text used as, for example, a description, appearing in the space between the title and the machine.
- Jackpot start button text: By default, the button that makes the machine start spinning is displayed with the text "Try Your Luck". You can modify it and include the text you'd like.
- Content to display above the Jackpot machine: optionally, you can display content (text and/or image), both on the data form page and on the page after participating. You can also include HTML. It will be displayed just above the machine.
2.3. Configure the Instant Win.
The next step is to configure each of the prizes that you are going to raffle off, as well as the time when they will be given out. Go to the "Instant Wins" section to configure them. These are the different winning times in which the prizes will appear.
Check the "Automatic Selection of Winners by Instant Win" option. Other options will be displayed that you can activate:
- Picking winners via Instant Win will exclude participants who have previously won in this campaign. Check this option if you want to make it so that participants who have already won in other campaigns can't be winners in this one.
- When choosing the winners through Instant Win, participants who have been included on your blacklist of banned emails or nicks will be excluded. You can configure your "blacklist".
- Exclude emails when assigning the Instant Win. Users with the emails you include will be able to participate normally, but will never win a prize.
- Exclude participants who have already won.
- Review each winner of an Instant Win. This option allows you to control the prizes that are given out. You will have to review and validate it. The participant will see the winner screen and a message notifying them that their participation will be verified by the administrators. See the specific tutorial on how to set up Instant Wins with a review process.
2.3.1. Individual management of Instant Wins.
The individual management of Instant Wins allows you to configure the different winning moments and choose the date and time on which those prizes will be given out. If you are going to give out a lot of prizes or you do not want to have to select the date and time, you simply have to leave that field blank and the tool will give them out randomly.
You must configure each Instant Win from the "Management of Individual Instant Wins" section.
You have to add as many new winner screens as there are types of prizes you are going to be giving out. If you raffle off multiple units of different prizes, you don't need to create them all. After, you will be able to duplicate it as many times as you need.
Configure each Instant Win.
Details of the Instant Win
- Give that Instant Win a private name to identify it internally.
- Select the date/time when it will be given out. The first user to participate after that date/time will win. If you leave it blank, the tool will choose a date/time randomly.
Link each Instant Win with a symbol
In the edition of each Instant Win that you add, you will find a section related to the Jackpot. You must link each Instant Win with a symbol so that the winners of that Instant Win will see the specific symbol (the winning combination) on the Jackpot machine. Open up the selector and select the symbol to link it to the Instant Win.
If you are also going to give out coupons/discount codes in your jackpot campaign, the usual procedure is to activate their distribution from the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition and enter the codes for the coupons. From there, you can set it up so that they are only awarded to winners of an Instant Win.
In these types of campaigns that involve giving out codes/coupons, you must take into account several aspects:
1) By activating the distribution of coupons in the campaign, the option to customize coupons will be enabled in each Instant Win that you configure. This will allow you to give the winner of an Instant Win a specific coupon. In addition, you can include a creative for the discount coupon page, which will be shown to the winner of this Instant Win. Take advantage of this field to provide instructions on how to use it.
2) The Instant Win coupon (individual Instant Win screen) will be chosen over the general coupon uploaded in the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition. Both options can coexist. Let's take a look at an example. We have a campaign in which we are going to give out three types of codes through Instant Wins:
- The first are 10% discount codes and we make 500 copies. We upload the codes to the campaign ("Coupons" section). In this case, we will not activate the custom coupon on the customized screen for this Instant Win.
- The second are 25% discount codes and we make 2 copies. Here we will active "Assign a Custom Coupon" from the Instant Win's customized screen and assign the specific coupon.
- The third is a single 50% discount code. Again, we will activate "Assign a Coupon" from the Instant Win settings and assign the coupon that will be given to this winner.
3) You only have to activate the coupon delivery on the individual screen of an Instant Win if you want to give out a coupon other than those already on the campaign list. That means that if from the beginning, you set up the "Coupons" section so that codes are given out only to the winners of an Instant Win, you will not need to customize the coupons in each Instant Win.
Thus, in the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition, you will have to check off that it be given out "only to users who win an Instant Win".
And in the customization of the Instant Wins screen, select "Don't assign any discount code".
- Write a public title for that winner. This is the text that will appear, on the public page for winners, above the name of the winner.
- Include a creative and/or message that will be shown to the winner.
When you finish customizing the Instant Win, hit "Save".
2.3.2. Duplicate Instant Wins.
If you are going to give out the same prize several times, you have the option of making multiple copies of existing winning moments, without having to manually create them one by one.
To duplicate prizes that you are going to give out, go to "Management of Individual Instant Wins" and click on the "Make a Copy" icon of the Instant Win you want to duplicate.
Choose a start and end date when the copies to be created will be distributed and the number of duplicates that you need. You can also configure it so that the prizes are not assigned between a certain range of hours.
Finally, click "Duplicate".
In the individual management of Instant Wins, you will see all the winning moments that have been generated. You can identify the Instant Wins by checking the option "Display only originals".
Keep in mind that if you want to modify the creative or message of an Instant Win, you can only edit it from the original Instant Win. Afterward, the changes will also be applied to the copies. You can, however, edit each duplicate to modify the date/time.
2.3.3. Options to restrict Instant Wins.
In the Jackpot settings, it is possible to restrict those winning moments, for example, to prevent participants who aren't located in the geographical scope of the contest from being able to participate.
- Restrict by a region: to configure this option, activate the "Province/Region" option in the "Form" section and select "Do not allow participation from these provinces".
Once you have selected it, click on "Save and Edit". Then go back to the "Management of Individual Instant Wins" and edit the original Instant Wins.
When activating the Province field in the form, in the edition of the Instant Win, the option to restrict winners from a province will have been activated. Participants who put another province on the form will not be able to win.
- Restrict by zip code: activate the option to ask for the zip code in the "Form" section. Once this has been done, save the campaign and go to "Management of Individual Instant Wins". Once inside, you can restrict by zip codes. This means that prizes are only assigned to those who meet these conditions. You can put the generic zip code of a province, for example, 28% for Madrid, or a specific zip code, such as 28045.
- Restrict by quiz answers.
2.4. Configure the final screen.
In the "Final Screen" section, you must customize the message that will be shown to all users who are not winners in the Jackpot.
You have the option to display the same message for all participants. Configure your default message in the "Final Screen" section of the campaign editor.
If you only want to include an image on the final screen, in the "Content" tab of the "Final Screen" section, check the "Show an Image on Final Screen" box and upload your image.
If you want to display some text, enable the "Show Text on the Final Screen" option. It will only be displayed to participants who are not shown a personalized screen for points (gamifications and quiz with points), category (personality test) or Instant Win.
By checking it off, an editor will open where you can include text, images, GIF or HTML. The editor also supports images, so if you wish, you can have two images that complement each other, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
2.5. Entry form.
In the "Form" section of your campaign edition, you can activate all the fields that you want the user to fill in if they are to complete their participation. Until it is filled in, the machine's reels will not stop and the participant will not know whether or not they have won.
2.6. Other settings.
2.6.1. Legal terms and conditions.
You can copy and paste the text, and attach a downloadable PDF or Word file.
You have additional checkboxes for commercial communications, social profiling, as well as others that you may need to add.
2.6.2. Go viral.
Finally, we recommend that you complete the fields in the "Go Viral" section, so that users can share your game on social networks.
3. Other specifications.
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Related Content.