With the Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond (white label) plans, respectively, you can generate a campaign with the Hangman mechanics. This allows you to set up an interactive Hangman game, in which the participant has to guess a word or phrase, letter by letter, in the least number of attempts and before the time runs out.
The user will see the empty boxes of the letters that make up each word or phrase, and a keyboard to mark the letters he/she thinks are correct. Each letter that is correct will be completed in the corresponding box, marked in green on the keyboard, and will add points. And with each failure, the letter will be marked in red and you will lose points.
You will be able to fully customize the game with your own design and set the word or phrase to guess.
In addition, you can assign points for different milestones, enable a ranking of participants and perform a draw, either among those who get more points or among all participants.
Below, you can see an example of an online campaign with the Hangman mechanics.
2. Step by step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
Enter Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and select the Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label application.
You must fill in the first sections of your campaign.
- Register: how the user will be able to participate. With their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account, or anonymously (email).
- Basic data: where you want users to go when they click on the URL of your campaign, languages…
- Design: main image, background image, font, colors…
Start and end dates: dates on which the campaign will be visible.
- Participations: date on which users will be able to participate and the number of times they will be able to do so.
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll also leave you with these tutorials, in which we explain what you can include in each section in greater detail:
2.2. Configure your game.
After completing the previous sections, go to the 'Gamifications' section, activate the Hangman option and click on 'Configure'.
Once inside the configuration, fill in the fields related to the game characteristics and design.
Type the word or phrase that the participants will have to guess. In the case of a phrase, enter each word separated by a space.
- Only alphabetic characters are allowed, that is, letters from A to Z, both upper and lower case.
- No accents, numerical characters, or special characters (symbols) are accepted.
- Set the duration of the game, in seconds. This is the maximum time the participant has to guess the word or phrase you have set.
- Determine the points you are going to give or take away from the player for different milestones: for each letter he/she guesses correctly, for those he/she fails, for guessing the word or phrase and for the seconds left over to solve the game.
- Sets the limit of attempts to solve the game
- Specifies the maximum number of games the user can play. Each time the user plays again, the cards will be shuffled randomly. When the game is over, a popup will appear with the points obtained, the text "You have X more chances" and the button "Play again". Once you reach the limit of allowed games, you will not be given the option to play again, but only to continue.
You can give it a title that will be shown as the header of the puzzle and include a description (text and/or image) as a clue for the user.
Save the configuration and continue editing the campaign.
Below, you can see two examples of game screenshots.
1) Hangman Game in which an image has been included in the description as a hint.
2) Hangman Game in which title and description have been included as a clue (text).
2.3. Data form.
In the 'Form' section of your campaign edition, you can activate all the fields that you want the user to fill in. After completing the game, the data form will be displayed.
We also recommend you complete the fields in the 'Go viral' section, so users can share your game on social networks.
2.4. Final screen.
You can configure:
- Same screen for all participants.
- Different screens according to the points obtained in the game.
2.4.1. Show default content to the participants.
You have the option to show the same message to all participants. Configure your default message in the 'Final screen' section of the campaign editor.
In the 'Final Screen' section, configure the screen that will be shown, by default, to all participants who don't answer correctly.
If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, if you wish, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
2.4.2. Content according to gamifications.
If you want to display a different screen depending on the points obtained in the game, enable the option '' Then, click on 'Individual final screen management.
You will have to add as many screens as pages of results you want your game to have. Fill in the information for each screen.
- Give it an internal name so that you can identify each results page.
- Set a maximum and a minimum number of points a participant must score to view that screen.
- Include a creative and/or message in the 'Design' section.
- You can complete and customize the fields related to viralization on social networks so that users can share their participation.
If you are going to show one final screen or another, depending on the points obtained by the participant, do not forget to activate the option 'Quiz with points for right answers' in the 'Quiz' section. Otherwise, the screens you set will not be displayed.
If you want to show the ranking of participants, in the 'Participations' section of the campaign editor, activate the option 'Enable public participation'.
2.6. Selection of winners.
If your action is linked to sweepstakes. Once the participation period is over, you will be able to select winners. You will be able to choose them randomly, filtering by different conditions, for example, by the points obtained in the game.
The list of participants will show the data of the participants, as well as the total points they have obtained.
To access the list of participants, from the main page of your campaigns, click on the 'Leads' section.
Then, in the left sidebar, click on the 'Winners' section.
From the 'Winners' section, you can start the selection. Depending on the type of campaign or sweepstakes you have carried out, you will have two options to select the winners: manually or randomly.
3. Other specifications.
4. Content related.