The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, allow you to generate a Scratch & Win type campaign, in which the participant scratches an image to find out if he/she is a winner.
In addition, this type of campaign is combined with the Instant Win mechanism, which allows you to program prizes on date and time, and to select the winner or winners randomly and instantly.
Participants can participate in the campaign by logging in with their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and/or, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account or anonymously (with their email).
Participants will access the campaign and must fill in the personal data form. Then they will see an image that they will have to scratch to check if they have won or not.
2. Step by Step.
2.1. Create your campaign.
Go to Cool Tabs, create a new campaign and select the Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label application.
Select Cool Promo or Cool Promo White Label depending on the plan you have contracted.
Complete the first sections of your campaign.
- Register: how the user will be able to participate. With their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Microsoft/Hotmail, Yahoo account, or anonymously (email).
- Basic data: where you want users to go when they click on the URL of your campaign, languages...
- Design: main image, background image, font, colors...
- Start and end dates: dates on which the campaign will be visible.
- Participations: date on which users will be able to participate and the number of times they will be able to do so.
If you have any questions or doubts during the process, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We'll also leave you with these tutorials, in which we explain what you can include in each section in greater detail:
2.2. Show default content to the participants.
In the 'Final Screen' section you can customize the message that will be displayed to all non-winners.
If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, if you wish, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
Next, set up the image that the participants will have to scratch off to find out if they are winners or not. In the 'Scratch & Win' tab, check the option 'Hide final page below a scratch-off image' and upload your image.
There are several points to keep in mind regarding the scratchable image:
- The scratchable image covers the entire space occupied by the contents (either just an image, just text, or image and text) of the "Page after participating" and the individual instant wins.
- All contents of the final screens should have more or less the same height as the scratch-off image so that there is no substantial difference in the display.
- The scratch-off image will always have a fixed aspect ratio (width/height), so if the scratch-off image is smaller than the final page, the spaces that would be left uncovered will be covered with a solid color. This color will be the same as the color you have defined as the background color in the Design > Styles section of the campaign editing.
- If you have enabled the options for the participant to share the campaign after participating in digital channels, the 'Share' button will also appear covered by the scratch-off image (as in the example we have just shown you).
- The contents uploaded on the "Page after participation" and on the different instant wins have a maximum width of 810px. Therefore, the scratchable image that covers them must have at least that width and a height equal to the content of each page, plus the space occupied by the buttons (usually 102px high). That is, the optimal size of the scratch-off image will be: 810px wide x (height of the image displayed below + 102px of the space occupied by the share button).
In addition, we recommend that you include in your creativity a text, such as 'Scratch here' or 'Scratch the image', that tells the participant how to proceed.
2.3. Configure the Instant Win section.
The next step is to configure each prize you are going to raffle, as well as the time at which they will be awarded. Go to the 'Instant Wins' section to configure the instant wins. These are the different winning moments. Check the option "".
You can activate other options:
- When choosing winners with Instant Win we will exclude participants who have already won before in any of your campaigns.
- When choosing winners with Instant Win we will exclude participants who have been included in your blacklist of banned emails or nicks. You can set up your "blacklist".
- Exclude emails when assigning Instant Win. Users with the emails you include will be able to participate normally, but will never win a prize.
- Exclude participants who have previously won.
- Moderate each winner of an Instant Win. This option allows you to control the prizes that are given out. You will have to check and validate it. The participant will be shown the winner's screen and a message notifying him/her that his/her participation will be checked by the administrators. See the specific tutorial on how to set up moderated instant wins.
2.3.1. Individual Instant Wins management.
The individual management of instant wins allows you to configure the different winning moments and choose the date and time at which these prizes will be distributed. If you are going to distribute a lot of prizes, or you do not want to have to select date and time, you only have to leave this field blank and the tool will distribute them randomly.
You must configure each instant win from 'Manage individual Instant Wins'.
Add as many new winner screens as types of prizes you are going to give away. If there are several units of different prizes, you don't need to create them all. You can duplicate the instant win screens.
Configure each instant win.
Instant Win details
Give a private name to that instant win, to identify it internally.
Select date/time when it will be released. The first user to participate after that date/time will win. If you leave it blank, the tool will choose date/time randomly.
If you are going to set up a Scratch & Win with coupon/code distribution, the usual procedure is to activate their distribution from the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition and enter the coupon codes. From there, you can set it up so that they are only awarded to winners of an Instant Win.
In these types of campaigns that involve giving out codes/coupons, you must take into account several aspects:
1) By activating the distribution of coupons in the campaign, the option to customize coupons will be enabled in each Instant Win that you configure. This will allow you to give the winner of an Instant Win a specific coupon. In addition, you can include a creative for the discount coupon page, which will be shown to the winner of this Instant Win. Take advantage of this field to provide instructions on how to use it.
2) The Instant Win coupon (individual Instant Win screen) will be chosen over the general coupon uploaded in the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition. Both options can coexist. Let's take a look at an example. We have a campaign in which we are going to give out three types of codes through Instant Wins:
- The first are 10% discount codes and we make 500 copies. We upload the codes to the campaign ("Coupons" section). In this case, we will not activate the custom coupon on the customized screen for this Instant Win.
- The second are 25% discount codes and we make 2 copies. Here we will active "Assign a Custom Coupon" from the Instant Win's customized screen and assign the specific coupon.
- The third is a single 50% discount code. Again, we will activate "Assign a Coupon" from the Instant Win settings and assign the coupon that will be given to this winner.
3) You only have to activate the coupon delivery on the individual screen of an Instant Win if you want to give out a coupon other than those already on the campaign list. That means that if from the beginning, you set up the "Coupons" section so that codes are given out only to the winners of an Instant Win, you will not need to customize the coupons in each Instant Win.
Thus, in the "Coupons" section of the campaign edition, you will have to check off that it be given out "only to users who win an Instant Win".
And in the customization of the Instant Wins screen, select "Don't assign any discount code".
Write a public title for that winner. This is the text that will appear above the winner's name.
Include a creative and/or message that will be shown to the winner.
2.4. Duplicate Instant Wins.
If you are going to give out the same prize several times, you have the option of making multiple copies of existing winning moments, without having to manually create them one by one.
To duplicate prizes that you are going to give out, go to "Management of Individual Instant Wins" and click on the "Make a Copy" icon of the Instant Win you want to duplicate.
Choose a start and end date on which the copies to be created will be distributed and the number of duplicates you need. You can also set the prizes not to be assigned within a certain range of hours.
Finally, click on duplicate.
Note that if you want to modify the creativity or the message of an instant win, you can only edit it from the original instant win. Afterwards, the changes will be applied to the copies as well. You will be able to edit each duplicate to modify date/time.
2.5. Options to restrict Instant Wins.
It is possible to restrict those winning moments, for example, to prevent participants who aren't located in the geographical scope of the contest from being able to participate.
- Restrict by a region: to configure this option, activate the "Province/Region" option in the "Form" section and select "Do not allow participation from these provinces".
Once you have selected it, click on "Save and Edit". Then go back to the "Management of Individual Instant Wins" and edit the original Instant Wins.
When activating the Province field in the form, in the edition of the Instant Win, the option to restrict winners from a province will have been activated. Participants who put another province on the form will not be able to win.
- Restrict by zip code: activate the option to ask for the zip code in the "Form" section. Once this has been done, save the campaign and go to "Management of Individual Instant Wins". Once inside, you can restrict by zip codes. This means that prizes are only assigned to those who meet these conditions. You can put the generic zip code of a province, for example, 28% for Madrid, or a specific zip code, such as 28045.
- Restrict by quiz answers.
2.6. Other configurations.
2.6.1. Legal conditions.
You can copy and paste the text, and attach a downloadable PDF or Word file.
You have additional checkboxes for commercial communications, social profiling, as well as others that you need to add.
2.6.2. Go viral section.
Finally, we recommend that you complete the fields in the 'Go viral' section, so that users can share your game on social networks.
3. Other specifications.
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Related Content.