Cool Tabs allows you to generate a Scratch and Win campaign, where you can give away instant win prizes. Participants must complete an entry form and scratch off an image to see if it is hiding a prize.
In addition, this type of campaign is combined with the Instant Win mechanism, which allows you to program prizes on date and time, and to select the winner or winners randomly and instantly.
Participants will access the campaign and must fill in the personal data form. Then they will see an image that they will have to scratch to check if they have won or not.
2. Step by Step.
2.1. Create the campaign.
First, you must create your campaign and configure the basic setting. Is it your first time creating a campaign with Cool Tabs? In the following tutorial, we will show you how to configure the basic sections of a campaign, as well as other recommended settings, to ensure its proper functioning and maximize results.
If you have any questions during the process, you can contact us at email@example.com.
2.2. Configure the Instant Win.
The Scratch & Win is based on the Instant Win mechanics, so the next step is to configure the instant wins or winning moments in which you give out prizes.
To configure them, you can follow the steps in the tutorial: How to create an Instant Win campaign to give out instant win prizes.
Once these settings have been made, you will have to configure the final screen, with the scratch-off image, as explained below.
2.3. Configure the final screen.
In the 'Final Screen' section, you can customize the message that will be displayed to all non-winners.
- If you only want to include an image in the final screen, in the 'Content' tab of the 'Final Screen' section, check the box 'Show an image in the final screen' and upload your image.
- If you want to show a text, enable the option 'Show a text on the final screen'. When you check the checkbox, an editor will open in which you can include text, images, GIFs, or HTML. The editor also supports images, so, if you wish, you can have two images, here and in the specific field for uploading an image.
2.3.1. The scratch-off image.
Next, set up the image that the participants will have to scratch off to find out if they are winners or not. In the 'Scratch & Win' tab, check the option 'Hide final page below a scratch-off image' and upload your image.
There are several points to keep in mind regarding the scratchable image:
- The scratchable image covers the entire space occupied by the contents (either just an image, just text, or image and text) of the "Page after participating" and the individual instant wins.
- If you have enabled the options for the participant to share the campaign after participating in digital channels, the 'Share' button also appears covered by the scratchable image, so it will add to the total height to be covered by the image.
- All contents of the final screens should have more or less the same height as the scratch-off image so that there is no substantial difference in the display.
- The contents that are uploaded in the "Page after participating" and in the different instant wins have a maximum width of 810px. Therefore, the scratchable image that covers them must have at least that width and a height equal to the content of each page, plus the space occupied by the buttons (usually 102px high) and the message "Thank you very much for participating", which appears in the upper part of the screen (43px high). In other words, the optimal size of the scratchable image will be 810px wide x height of the content displayed below + 145px of the sum of elements.
- The scratch-off image will always have a fixed aspect ratio (width/height), so if the scratch-off image is smaller than the final page, the spaces that would be left uncovered will be covered with a solid color. This color will be the same as the color you have defined as the Background color in the Design > Styles section of the campaign editing.
IMPORTANT: Also, keep in mind that campaigns vary in height depending on the device from which they are viewed. The scratchable area will always have a fixed aspect ratio, and it is very unlikely that the image created to cover the area in Desktop format will cover the entire area from a Mobile, since the width of each brand/model is different and the aspect ratio is different.
Our recommendation is that the image that is going to cover the area to be revealed has a flat background color to be able to fill with the same color the areas that do not fit (using the Background color of the Campaign).
In addition, we recommend that you include in your creativity a text, such as 'Scratch here' or 'Scratch the image', that tells the participant how to proceed.
3. Other specifications.
The Cool Promo and Cool Promo White Label applications, included in the Gold and Diamond plans, respectively, are the ones that allow you to set up a Scratch & Win campaign.
You can also create your campaign with the 7-day free trial, which allows you to test any of our plans.
If you have any doubts or questions during the process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Related Content.